Massdrop/Laconico Keen

I'm not sure how I missed this release, probably too many emails from Massdrop and it got lost in the mix.

I'll likely jump on the next batch. I really like the Laconico's Kizer has put out. After spending some time with them the other night, I'm pretty surprised more people don't talk about how great they are.

33247796010_d144063d33_h.jpg

I wish to god they’d go to silver hardware on the Gemini. Such a great design.

I'm not sure how I missed this release, probably too many emails from Massdrop and it got lost in the mix.

I'll likely jump on the next batch. I really like the Laconico's Kizer has put out. After spending some time with them the other night, I'm pretty surprised more people don't talk about how great they are.

33247796010_d144063d33_h.jpg

I’m an unapologetic, proud fan of the Kizer/Laconico knives. The Gemini might be my favorite knife at any price point. In fact, I’d carry one over a Jasmine. The stock thickness, lockbar insert, and slightly softer contours put it over the top for me. It’s simply perfect.

Got mine! No milling, blasted finish. Nice and boring, just like I like it. Looks like I found my December carry! :D

Received shipping notification for Monday. I'm psyched. This and a new SAK Compact on the way changes up my EDC for a while.

$&@%^*#}*!!!!! I just ordered a RS Megalodon.

Going to have to pass on this drop.

$#!+.

Is... on IG, I saw a reference to this thing having .16” thick blade stock. Is that right?

Is... on IG, I saw a reference to this thing having .16” thick blade stock. Is that right?

Correct but it's still very slicey! It's got a little belly to it and it's a great slicer despite the .16 at spine.

Specs:

• Blade thickness (spine): 0.16 in (4 mm)
  • Blade thickness (1mm behind apex): 0.01 in (0.3 mm)

OK. I didn’t skip the drop.

I think my distaste for the tanto on the Alliance EZEs is going to keep me from buying one of those, despite the Reate quality and the clean design. So... yeah.

I have no self control.

I’m an unapologetic, proud fan of the Kizer/Laconico knives. The Gemini might be my favorite knife at any price point. In fact, I’d carry one over a Jasmine. The stock thickness, lockbar insert, and slightly softer contours put it over the top for me. It’s simply perfect.

You should snag an Envoy, you'll love it.

You should snag an Envoy, you'll love it.

I’ve thought about it, but I’ve ordered a Real Steel Megalodon and this drop today. I need to chill out for a bit. Once I pay my card down, I’ll probably be picking up a Liong Mah Eraser with the CF.

...but most likely an MBK EZC first.

I am a dirty knife whore.

I’ve thought about it, but I’ve ordered a Real Steel Megalodon and this drop today. I need to chill out for a bit. Once I pay my card down, I’ll probably be picking up a Liong Mah Eraser with the CF.

...but most likely an MBK EZC first.

I am a dirty knife whore.

You're making me feel better, like the dirtiest, goodest little whore should.

I went and ordered a T1 after about a year of ogling it, because a little shop was including Wiha pens with orders and they had a good price on it too.

I opted for expedited shipping. Should get mine Wednesday. Purple + Groove. I loooove that purple.

After seeing some closer pics of the bronze finish I decided to edit my order to the purple with holes. (not digging the distressed ano job on the bronze)

It will be my first WE made knife and i'm super stoked! Hoping the holes gets me closer to the 4oz. weight.

Any body know what the weight difference is between the listed weight of 4.4oz's and one with holes?
(i'm assuming the weight listed is with no mill work done?)

Last edited:
Back