MAXAMET PM2?

The picture is from an "Arizona" knife dealer which I don't think can be mentioned here, it was sold as a factory second for $150. I've had 3 or 4 Maxamet PM2, and Para 3 from the first release all were fine. However the latest releases are finished a little nicer and will be keepers/users.

Xvu6Yxu.jpg

eCY2TK2.jpg

8ZsCKc0.jpg

YOjIj5E.jpg

I think that one should of been sold as a 3rd or 4th lol . I agree the latest runs have been phenomenal in all areas which explains why no dealer can keep them in stock more then a few hours or a day or so at the longest .

I believe John is correct, I'm not an authority on the matter, but I've heard warping was indeed an issue, I'd guess the fairly regular drops of the PM2 and Para3 indicate an improvment of Spyderco's ability to grind the maxamet blades.

quPFM0O.jpg

That was the para 3 or pm2 from ACK right? If it was. It was a great price until you got to the last picture LOL. And it was a factory 2nd knife so that means no warranty on it.

It was a 3, anytime you see a great price from them you can bet there is a catch! I paid $21 more for the one I'm keeping, shipping included and it wasn't a second.

I have a dumb question, is there any value or added desirability for the first run maxamet PM 2 with the slight warped blades? Or should they be user's, and the current fine tuned version collected for the safe?

I have a dumb question, is there any value or added desirability for the first run maxamet PM 2 with the slight warped blades? Or should they be user's, and the current fine tuned version collected for the safe?
I wouldn’t think so I know I wouldn’t want one at a 1/4 of the price !
I take that back I wouldn’t want a
warped blade at all .

The first run were not all warped, quite honestly The one I pictured was the first I'd seen in the wild. Personally I wouldn't want a warped one, even for a user, but that is just my preference. I also don't see much value to salt one away in a safe, Spyderco is dropping the Max PM2/Para 3 regularly now. I had a few of the first run Maxamets, all were nicely done, but from what I've seen they really did a nice job on the latest ones, especially blade finish. Availability of the current run has dropped the secondary market price quite nicely.

For me its time to enjoy and use them! If you want to put something away in the safe sprints are probably a better choice for now..

I have one (and only one) of the original run Maxamet PM2s that is not warped at all. She is a user and always has been regardless of how rare or desirable it might be (or might have been prior to the updated version) to other folks. To me, buying a Spyderco and not using it is like buying a pair of gym shoes and not wearing them. To each his own though.

Back