medford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Medford over the summer. It was an impulse buy at a gun show. I've been eying the knife for about 7 months from a knife dealer I've bought multiple blades from. The price he was asking was $900. The knife sells for $850 at BHQ. I finally decided to handle the knife this time so I pointed out a few minor cosmetic flaws and offered $700. I love the way it fit in my hand so I brought it home for what I offered. I carried it for 4 days, used it lightly and haven't touched it since.

The knife is a flipper, and would not flip. So I played with it for those 4 days and it flips much better. I'm sure it will break in and be better with use, but now I just don't use the knife because my 0562CF gets all my pocket time. I'll probably sell the Medford cheap because I've been selling knives that I don't use. I don't regret buying it, but it will suck to lose a ton of money that I spent on it.

I agree that taking a knife apart to clean it voids the warranty is complete crap. It's a great way to not even gain customers.

The knife I bought, notice the uneven Medford stamp on the blade..... This was a blade the dealer got at Blade Show 2016. Taking anything less than a perfect knife to Blade Show seems stupid and lazy to me.

I like the designs, kind of... But I'd never pay that price. A buddy of mine got a Praetorian black wash secondhand for like $300. Not sure why it was so low, but atleast I got to handle one.

I dont really understand your question but I love Medford knives. High quality but a bit on the expensive side. I'm down to an Arktika and Praetorian T. I would never let them go.
Ya try ordering one and waiting for over six months and then see how they treat you! Especially when you become a member of the Medford team wich means you pay full price and never get your knife well just saying im not a fan of waiting over 6 months and getting the same generic response every time I ask about lead times!

I bought a Medford over the summer. It was an impulse buy at a gun show. I've been eying the knife for about 7 months from a knife dealer I've bought multiple blades from. The price he was asking was $900. The knife sells for $850 at BHQ. I finally decided to handle the knife this time so I pointed out a few minor cosmetic flaws and offered $700. I love the way it fit in my hand so I brought it home for what I offered. I carried it for 4 days, used it lightly and haven't touched it since.

The knife is a flipper, and would not flip. So I played with it for those 4 days and it flips much better. I'm sure it will break in and be better with use, but now I just don't use the knife because my 0562CF gets all my pocket time. I'll probably sell the Medford cheap because I've been selling knives that I don't use. I don't regret buying it, but it will suck to lose a ton of money that I spent on it.

I agree that taking a knife apart to clean it voids the warranty is complete crap. It's a great way to not even gain customers.

The knife I bought, notice the uneven Medford stamp on the blade..... This was a blade the dealer got at Blade Show 2016. Taking anything less than a perfect knife to Blade Show seems stupid and lazy to me.
Dude I learned the hard way I have a ton they are very nice when you call or text! Fucking Not! I will never buy a nother Medford again in my lifetime boyeee did I make a mistake.

Dude I learned the hard way I have a ton they are very nice when you call or text! Fucking Not! I will never buy a nother Medford again in my lifetime boyeee did I make a mistake
I like the designs, kind of... But I'd never pay that price. A buddy of mine got a Praetorian black wash secondhand for like $300. Not sure why it was so low, but atleast I got to handle one.
Your lucky you didn't buy one!

Lol seems he is over his Strider phase anyway. Moved on the the 'aborted fetus' design stage now...

Product_Page.php

Product_Page.php

Also seems as though his prices have dropped some.
Because he's a dick and yells at people! Oh ya become a member of the Medford team so you can wait a year and get the sme generic response when you ask when you might possibly get your knife! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back