MEGA RatManDu Coming This Wednesday 6/3/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

What does everyone use this knife for? A woods knife? It's design is drawing me in, but the more sensible part of me wonders if I would ever use it. o_O

What does everyone use this knife for? A woods knife? It's design is drawing me in, but the more sensible part of me wonders if I would ever use it. o_O

anything your heart desires is what I recommend using it for it can do it all.

I'm already camping out next to my laptop to order this fat dirty mud brown rat. Got my phone ready too.

I am not normally a big RMD fan because I find the handles too narrow, this one should solve that problem .
Can't wait to try this one and skeletonized handle too keep the balance , I'm in for this one.
This one is thicker

You can
You can use this blade for anything and everything

M MaxRat
This was asked in the other thread (maybe answered, I haven't checked back), but it seems like a good question for here...
Any chance for a scale-less option?

The thickness isn't what makes me want one of these so badly. The thinness of the edge in the Mega Warden is what makes me want one of these.

This is the only thing that is keeping me interested in this blade. The MEGA Warden is remarkably thin behind the edge, even moreso than a standard RMD.

It should work in bushcrafty use. It should work as a hunting knife, or any meat slicing. Splitting logs.
Based on my experience with the MEGA Warden, it won't work for sh** slicing up cardboard. It will do it, but it is so thick, a lesser blade, even duller, can do it with less effort exerted.
Any hard fruits or vegetables it will start slicing and then break it (a la wood splitter). Like, for example, trying to slide an apple in half. Peeling an apple it will work fine. But if/when you try to slice it in half, good luck. Now, if you're one that slices your apple a quarter or less at a time, it will probably do and ok job. Haven't actually tried that. I normally cut in half, then half again. Adjust your method, it will probably work.

If it has the same tip profile as the MEGA Warden, it will drill like a sum-bi***, I think. THAT I haven't tried, but I can see it doing that well.

This is the only thing that is keeping me interested in this blade. The MEGA Warden is remarkably thin behind the edge, even moreso than a standard RMD.

It should work in bushcrafty use. It should work as a hunting knife, or any meat slicing. Splitting logs.
Based on my experience with the MEGA Warden, it won't work for sh** slicing up cardboard. It will do it, but it is so thick, a lesser blade, even duller, can do it with less effort exerted.
Any hard fruits or vegetables it will start slicing and then break it (a la wood splitter). Like, for example, trying to slide an apple in half. Peeling an apple it will work fine. But if/when you try to slice it in half, good luck. Now, if you're one that slices your apple a quarter or less at a time, it will probably do and ok job. Haven't actually tried that. I normally cut in half, then half again. Adjust your method, it will probably work.

If it has the same tip profile as the MEGA Warden, it will drill like a sum-bi***, I think. THAT I haven't tried, but I can see it doing that well.
That's pretty much how I see it too. Even my standard Ratmandu has a log splitter effect on apples. One advantage the I see to the fat spine it that when batoning, once the spine makes contact it will do most of the work by spreading the wood far enough that the cutting edge probably wont even be touching anything anymore.

That's pretty much how I see it too. Even my standard Ratmandu has a log splitter effect on apples. One advantage the I see to the fat spine it that when batoning, once the spine makes contact it will do most of the work by spreading the wood far enough that the cutting edge probably wont even be touching anything anymore.
I'd say you're exactly correct on the fat spine.

I hope the website can handle the stress it's about to be receive.

Back