MEGA RatManDu Coming This Wednesday 6/3/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

Can’t pay for a fully priced one either...

Amen. Heck, I can't pay for a discounted one either :)

Maybe I’m getting old (39 lol) but if being a “hog to the trough” doesn’t even work....then I guess....I have to vent publicly. Because I’ll still be here, as I refuse to buy inferior blades.

Ouch. At 47 your words sting ;)
At this point, with my eight extra years of wisdom, or crazed years of knife buying behind me, I can truly say, I don't NEED another knife. My bin is full of Bussekin steel. I think I still have a baker's dozen or so.

They're are a few I'd like to pick up to replace the ones that left a hole in my heart when I let them go- years ago--a BWM (esp the comp finish w/2-tone micarta), a Bulldog Regulator, a Rucki (never thought I'd miss it when I sold it--best tactical sword ever!), and my beloved War Dog (lost an ill-fated hunting trip)--but I'll still die a happy man if that doesn't happen.

A blade has to move me now to entice me to part with a few bills. That Mega Ratweiler moved me. Glad I got it. Fits the hand SO much better than the original, though I DO wish it were differentially heat treated. I feel like the deep dish hollow grind in particular could benefit. I was stoked about the Hell Razor... But couldn't forever myself to fork out $400+ for it...though kinda looks like that's where we're at with anything INFI over 6 inches...

I'm much more selective about the money I spend on fixed blades these days. I can afford to be more selective... And more to the point, I can't afford to NOT be selective :)

I was order #9000.
I was #xxxx
(This isn't a bragging about beating you post... it's a nudge to get others to post their order number; so we can get a feel for where this round started)

Order number edited, as suggested

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200603-224751_Gallery.jpg Wow. Mine was xxx96. I ordered right when it showed on the weblage at 6pm. Thats why it crashed??..well that was my receipt. Order number doesn't seem right or the same.in comparison??

Last edited:
Sorry some of you guys had problems with checkout tonight. :( I breezed right through, but I did directly use a card, not PayPal. I'd recommend contacting the shop tomorrow and explaining the situation, I'm sure they'll fix you right up!

Also guys, don't post your order numbers. At least not your full number. Jerry has asked previously that we not do this, it's a security/safety issue. Maybe edit with 8,9xx or 99,7xx or something. BTW, the numbers around 9,000 are orders from the Swamp site, and the 99,xxx are from Busse site. My Swamp password wouldn't take, so I ordered through the Busse site myself.

Actually, it would be GREAT if they made the old Swamp Rat Hawks outta this new, thicker stock! I absolutely love mine, but a thicker stock along the handle and face of the hawk would give it a bit more "oomf"

Man, you read my mind! I've thought the same exact thing many times! I love my KDSH as is, but it would be an absolute monster in 0.35" stock!!! :eek: :cool: Hear that M MaxRat & R RATequila ??? LET'S DO THIS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: MEGA KDSH!!! :D

Is anyone still having trouble checking out?

YES!

7 hours later from my PC this time, was trying the phone for about an hour and a half from the release time...

And I tried both PP & CC multiple times in both attempts.

11 hours later... still nothing!

Even tried the Busse site shop, no luck

I got on at 9:01, and was out by 9:06, with my green mic or comp, directly from the Swamp site, using a CC. On my phone. Not bragging. Just putting details because I don't understand what the deal was with people not being able to order. Not saying people weren't having problems. Just sharing my experience. Maybe it was a glitch between Swamp and Busse sites? Taking orders at both at once? I'm no web wizard, so I don't have a clue. Just shotgunning.

Haven't been around in a while, but this one caught my attention. The Ratmandu was my first Busse kin blade. Looking forward this fatty in swamp comp and black canvas. No issues ordering from computer with credit card on Swamprat site.

Sorry some of you guys had problems with checkout tonight. :( I breezed right through, but I did directly use a card, not PayPal. I'd recommend contacting the shop tomorrow and explaining the situation, I'm sure they'll fix you right up!

Also guys, don't post your order numbers. At least not your full number. Jerry has asked previously that we not do this, it's a security/safety issue. Maybe edit with 8,9xx or 99,7xx or something. BTW, the numbers around 9,000 are orders from the Swamp site, and the 99,xxx are from Busse site. My Swamp password wouldn't take, so I ordered through the Busse site myself.

Man, you read my mind! I've thought the same exact thing many times! I love my KDSH as is, but it would be an absolute monster in 0.35" stock!!! :eek: :cool: Hear that M MaxRat & R RATequila ??? LET'S DO THIS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: MEGA KDSH!!! :D
(Starts putting $20’s in another envelope)

I got on at 9:01, and was out by 9:06, with my green mic or comp, directly from the Swamp site, using a CC. On my phone. Not bragging. Just putting details because I don't understand what the deal was with people not being able to order. Not saying people weren't having problems. Just sharing my experience. Maybe it was a glitch between Swamp and Busse sites? Taking orders at both at once? I'm no web wizard, so I don't have a clue. Just shotgunning.

Same here. Logged on via phone to Swamp site. Was paid and off bout the same time. Took me longer to get my kid off my spot on the couch when I got up to get my wallet.

Back