Photos Metal Monday - Post Your Metal TRADITIONAL Pics

Here's a recent pic of a metallic folder that I haven't left the house without for the last seven years...
Vic Farmer
2AmqsV3.jpg

...and it started a whole big thing for alox.

MMYgBbK.jpg

bushcrafter, farmer, electrician, two pioneers, soldier​

Very cool thread, just went through the four pages - full of very interesting knives. I didn’t think I had many metal knives until your photo’s stimulated my brain! Here are some of mine. OH
Surely most every old Soldier has a MILSPEC knife - Camillus 1966.
Camillus-MILSPEC-1966.jpg

Of course the Swiss improved on the idea - ALOX.
Victorinox-ALOX-Electrician.jpg

Victorinox_ALOX_Farmer_(1).jpg

Buck Knives has offered their share of both tiny and heavy duty Lockbacks. Gents knife here. OH
Buck_524_Alumni_2018_(2).jpg

Great pics Bruce, I think we all have more than we think! :D The Electrician and Farmer are my two most-carried Vics :) :thumbsup:

S8m6sCt.jpg

FYsgevI.jpg

I have a few more by Victorinox that fit in here.

LW3T0S1.jpg

AFHlPNl.jpg

m685tCo.jpg

Gw7Q7A6.jpg

OAex9G8.jpg

This Baker's Knife is supposed to be quite rare, as the blade is usually scalloped.

u4joZ2s.jpg

While Victorinox made Dutch Army Knives after this, this one is made by Dutch cutler AMEFA.

trSbrH2.jpg

Never saw one of these before. Pretty cool View attachment 1473526

What is the purpose of the blunt "blade"?

Smoker's Knives don't seem to be as common in the US as in Britain, which has always intrigued me. That blade is for scraping out the bowl of the pipe, in a circular motion :thumbsup:

Smoker's Knives don't seem to be as common in the US as in Britain, which has always intrigued me. That blade is for scraping out the bowl of the pipe, in a circular motion :thumbsup:
Most of my pipe tools don't have knife blades, but here's a made in USA for Half and Half (half Virginia bright and half burley?) and a Richards of Sheffield. And a Utica bicentennial of the constitution, a Schrade/ Cut Co/ Walden ring-opener, a Case manicure, and a Kingston demo.
VfqrFoo.jpg

4P7j462.jpg

Last edited:
Most of my pipe tools don't have knife blades, but here's a made in USA for Half and Half (half Virginia bright and half burley?) and a Richards of Sheffield. And a Utica bicentennial of the constitution, a Schrade/ Cut Co/ Walden ring-opener, a Case manicure, and a Kingston demo.
VfqrFoo.jpg

4P7j462.jpg
Also a cool Kingston stamp on the bale of the military scout... I've never seen that one before :):thumbsup:

VfqrFoo.jpg

4P7j462.jpg

Nice selection Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

Hopefully its traditional enough to not give offense View attachment 1473772
Just got this Kabar - haven't even cut anything with it - but it tickles me View attachment 1473773
And it is all metal :p
Happy Monday y'all View attachment 1473774
View attachment 1473771

I was looking at those the other day, reminded me of this :) :thumbsup:

zse0sGg.jpg

M7S8DmL.jpg

Nice Kevin, I like the Barkeeper's Knife, got a few of those myself :) Here's one by John Watts :thumbsup:

RRKz62p.jpg

Classic Tom :) :thumbsup:

g0vnZYg.jpg

5MjwrY1.jpg

Back