Milani74's "Land of Ten Thousand Hyjacked Posts".

oh wait........there's more!

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

pig-no-sunscreen-bacon.jpg

images

Mmmmm, Bacon. I just want to thank all you wonderful people, especially you Ms. S, for making my day with all this Baconology. Here's a recipe I found this morning (before reading this thread actually) that I feel must be shared.

BLW SANDWICH

Watermelons do a fine job of standing in for tomatoes in this sandwich. To balance their sweetness, I used peppery wild arugula for the lettuce, and plenty of salt and pepper.

4 slices white bread

1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

Large handful arugula or another peppery green such as watercress

1 large wedge watermelon, sliced about 1/4-inch thick and cut into pieces smaller than the bread

Salt and pepper

6 to 8 strips bacon, fried crisp

1. For each sandwich, toast bread and spread mayonnaise on one slice. On top of the mayonnaise place a layer of arugula, then half the slices of watermelon. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the watermelon. Top with strips of bacon and then with the other slice of toast (on which you can also spread mayonnaise). Repeat with second sandwich.

2. Press sandwiches together and eat with plenty of napkins. Makes 2 sandwiches.

Richard

Attachments

• 3144574666.JPG
    3144574666.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
Mmmmm, Bacon. I just want to thank all you wonderful people, especially you Ms. S, for making my day with all this Baconology. Here's a recipe I found this morning (before reading this thread actually) that I feel must be shared.

Richard

:barf:

Personally, I think I'll skip the arugula and just go with good old fashioned iceburg lettuce. Damn, is it lunchtime yet?

Richard

Arugula is for sissy men. . .no wait, the Resident eats it. . .nah, arugula is for sissies alright.

My local fair was serving bacon on a stick ....."wait for it"..........COVERED ...IN ....CHOCOLATE.

yes , no joke....

I've had peanut butter, jelly, and bacon....it sounded gross, but it was pretty good.

Back