Modified Production Knives (traditional only)

GEC embellished by Davide Steri :

51313399989_4e60a05ca5_c.jpg

51313399969_0e8645c5c0_c.jpg

51312870238_d44f87b4ac_c.jpg

Â
Oh my goodness!

Heres a couple of Rada pairing knives I modified for fishing use ( on the rare occasions I have a chance to cast a line )
They're dirt cheap new but I payed $.50 at Goodwill, so I wasn't worried about messing up something expensive.
The serrated parer I converted to a plain edge, added the sharpening choil, and lanyard hole.

The super parer I gave a sharpening choil, and added an eva foam grip I had laying around.
I think this could make one heckuva panfish fillet knife.

One of my raggydolls who's pattern I dig bore the brunt of my first attempt at a blade delete.

Couldn't find a tutorial here so dove in.
Fairly butchered the bolsters, for shame ed:(
I assume the original owner was a righty as the only decent blades were left hand opening. Paired the two remaining blades on the main blade back spring.
I filed the pivot of the manicuring blade to allow a decent walk and talk.
Used the original pins and peened them over. The worst of my ham-fistedness was erased by sanding the bolsters back.
Wanted the manicuring blade on the mark side so tweeked both till the snicked home without hitting.

Delighted with it and I'd say rather lucky it went so well. John Nodder might approve, but I'd say he wouldn't hire me lol.

I have one of those paring knives too. I think I found it at the dump. It gets a huge amount of use due to how thinly it is ground. Not sure where to even buy them but really love the geometry.
Heres a couple of Rada pairing knives I modified for fishing use ( on the rare occasions I have a chance to cast a line )
They're dirt cheap new but I payed $.50 at Goodwill, so I wasn't worried about messing up something expensive.
The serrated parer I converted to a plain edge, added the sharpening choil, and lanyard hole.

The super parer I gave a sharpening choil, and added an eva foam grip I had laying around.
I think this could make one heckuva panfish fillet knife.

I have one of those paring knives too. I think I found it at the dump. It gets a huge amount of use due to how thinly it is ground. Not sure where to even buy them but really love the geometry.
Just Google and theyre readily available online.

I recovered a BF86 a while back and damn near tossed the original covers. Glad I didn’t. Took the acrylic, secondary and rear bolsters off a regular run 86 and used them to dress up!

Attachments

• 171E36C0-D5B9-47F8-8AAD-3412E748AFCC.jpeg
    171E36C0-D5B9-47F8-8AAD-3412E748AFCC.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 36E1D709-3170-42B3-B413-6345384EEFCB.jpeg
    36E1D709-3170-42B3-B413-6345384EEFCB.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 40
Back