movies anyone?

Alright so i went out last night and saw the new 21 Jump Street. i didnt realy have high hopes for this one however, i was completly wrong it was one of the funniest movies ive seen in a long time for some reason i couldnt stop laughing. also saw some great previews! Prometheus look great. The Avengers looks amazing ill be standing in line hours befor that one on opening night. the sequel to the Clash of the Titans look pretty good as well. looking back at my picks for movies im realy seeing my inner nerd comming out but im ok with that ha ha. any other movie buffs out there ??

Need to check that 21 jump st out, been seeing lotsa buzz about it. Not much a buff but I love me a good ole flix(more into sports). Ones Ive seen in recent time havnt been all that good imo (even thought the new batman and avatar was way overhyped). Pulp Fiction, Road to Perdetion, Shawshank redemption, natural born killers, sin city, all the friday the 13ths, Rambo, I could watch these over and over and never get tired of em.

I have similar tastes to yours. Chances are if it's nominated for an Oscar, I won't care for it. :foot:

I can't watch the Avengers... I have to watch all the other Marvel superhero movies first. I'm way behind. Crossovers are awesome.

Need to check that 21 jump st out, been seeing lotsa buzz about it. Not much a buff but I love me a good ole flix(more into sports). Ones Ive seen in recent time havnt been all that good imo (even thought the new batman and avatar was way overhyped). Pulp Fiction, Road to Perdetion, Shawshank redemption, natural born killers, sin city, all the friday the 13ths, Rambo, I could watch these over and over and never get tired of em.

:eek: No batman love???? Maybe it's just me but I've been obsessed with the caped crusader since I could walk. There's my nerd side for the day.

A few of my favorites..

- Fight Club (intense)
- No County for Old Men (intense)
- The Matrix (Sci Fi Classic)
- Dark City (like the Matrix but more of an Indy film)
- The Italian Job (A classic caper)
- LoTR (especially the Fellowship of the Ring, the best one out of the trio)
- Top Gun (Cruise before he got strange)
- Tombstone (Petunia)
- The Fifth Element (Awesome campy Sci Fi)
- The Dark Knight (dark and gritty)

Best movie of all time:

A Clockwork Orange

Honorable Mentions:

Brazil
Blade Runner
Casablanca
Galaxy Quest
Zardoz (That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son.)
Big Trouble in Little China
This Is Spinal Tap
Beavis and Butt Head Do America
Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Seventh Seal
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Matrix
The Princess Bride
12 Monkeys
The Godfather
The Seven Samurai
Pulp Fiction
Apocalypse Now

The Avengers has a preview!!!??? Can't wait to see it! I will standing right with ya, Bud!:thumbup:

Shawshank Redemption for sure never gets old. It is on TV pretty often and I always stop to watch it no matter how much of it I had missed already.:D

Best movie of all time:

A Clockwork Orange

Honorable Mentions:

Brazil
Blade Runner
Casablanca
Galaxy Quest
Zardoz (That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son.)
Big Trouble in Little China
This Is Spinal Tap
Beavis and Butt Head Do America
Star Wars
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Seventh Seal
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Matrix
The Princess Bride
12 Monkeys
The Godfather
The Seven Samurai
Pulp Fiction
Apocalypse Now

This is horrible, I have only seen one movie on this list....

^that is pretty bad Lexi:stupid::p:D
Scent of a woman
godfather 2
commando
aladdin
half baked
team america world police
weird science
road warrior/mad maxx
raising arizona
waynes world

On call this weekend, so I'm doing the "Kill Bill" marathon. :eek:

I love movies. I think the best movie of all time...wait, the best movies...OK, I can't make up my mind. :confused: The Marvel franchise has been great, and I love Batman. Just sad Heath Ledger isn't still with us. His Joker still frightens me!

In no particular order...

Jaws
Star Wars series
Alien (the original Ridely Scott)
Schindlers List
Saving Private Ryan
Alive
The Professional
LOTR Trilogy

I also love horror flicks if they're good ones, but nothing really beats the internet for horrific videos.

If you guys haven't seen "John Carter" yet, it's really good. They really dropped the ball with the marketing campaign though, it's losing tons of money. It's the film version of Edgar Rice Burrough's "A Princess of Mars" if you are a ERB fan.

I am SO looking forward to Prometheus.

You guys seen this yet?

http://go.amctheatres.com/marvel?ut...=amc_email&utm_content=zone1&utm_term=members

Six Movies. One Epic Day. $40 Ticket.
Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 11:30am

This marathon is fit for the mightiest of fans. Watch the heroes' iconic stories unfold as they assemble for the midnight premiere of Marvel's THE AVENGERS.

Tickets to this marathon will be limited. Select a participating theatre below and assemble your team now!

Iron Man. The Incredible Hulk. Iron Man 2. Thor. Captain America. The Avengers.

Best movie EVER.........TOMBSTONE............nothing else comes close.

A few off the top of my head:

Desperado
All That Jazz
SuckerPunch
Pulp Fiction
Casablanca
The Boondock Saints
All the good Robin Hood movies in general
Both La Femme Nikita movies
Watchmen
Leon the Professional
Predator (two state Governors) :D

If you guys haven't seen "John Carter" yet, it's really good. They really dropped the ball with the marketing campaign though, it's losing tons of money. It's the film version of Edgar Rice Burrough's "A Princess of Mars" if you are a ERB fan.

Thats interesting -my kids are keen on JC.
What about "Behind Enemy Lines " a balltearer. Corny but balltearing.
Zulu
If
O lucky Man
Brittania Hospital (years ahead of its time)
Johnny English Reborn
Skyfall(upon release)
The Hobbit (upon release)
Far From The Madding Crowd (julie christie)
Sherlock Holmes(both great)
True Grit(the new one)

Back