My first & gateway knife - Ganzo Firebird F759M

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not getting my point. I could care less what anybody buys. I was just saying that if people are going to bash companies like Ganzo and Strider, then they should be bashing Benchmade for their anti-2A bs.

I had just posted something explaining at pretty much the same time you posted that. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing a bunch of hypocrites.
You don't get it since you weren't here when all that went down. Many people have an issue with that and don't buy Benchmade.

Ok, this thread is going to be closed soon, so I’ll throw my two cents in before that happens. OP, Ganzo, Stryder, and Will Moon custom threads usually end up ugly. You can talk about them, but just brace yourself if you choose to do so. You have been warned.

I could care less what anybody buys

I could care less what anybody buys.

I find it amusing that even though you're completely misusing this phrase, it's clear that you're saying exactly what you mean. It's quite clear that you do, in fact, care what people buy if they're buying Benchmades.

The only important question here, does K KCCO *want* guidance to a different purchase?
The main thing to understand here, BladeForums is an enthusiast forum that does care about ethics and all that jazz. There are plenty of other knife groups that just like any old knife regardless and will celebrate Ganzos and clones and whatever. Depends on what you're really looking for.

Just out of curiosity, what do you recommend to him? Really starting to thing BF in general is just a bunch of hypocrites. Just go ahead and ban me and delete my account if that's the case.

I find it amusing that even though you're completely misusing this phrase, it's clear that you're saying exactly what you mean. It's quite clear that you do, in fact, care what people buy if they're buying Benchmades.

You again missed my point. You must not know what hypocrites are?

You're not getting my point. I could care less what anybody buys. I was just saying that if people are going to bash companies like Ganzo and Strider, then they should be bashing Benchmade for their anti-2A bs.

I had just posted something explaining at pretty much the same time you posted that. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing a bunch of hypocrites.
What makes you think Benchmade was supporting anti-2a efforts? No one agrees 100% with their local politicians. They may have been supporting a specific cause that had nothing to do with the 2a.
IBTL!

What makes you think Benchmade was supporting anti-2a efforts? No one agrees 100% with their local politicians. They may have been supporting a specific cause that had nothing to do with the 2a.
IBTL!

Just keep convincing yourself and buying Benchmades.

IBTL!

You again missed my point. You must not know what hypocrites are?

Really starting to thing BF in general is just a bunch of hypocrites. Just go ahead and ban me and delete my account if that's the case.

A hypocrite would be someone who pretends to be a part of this hobby yet supports companies that harm it. I've seen many, many hypocrites here since I joined 16 years ago. You're free to leave on your own if you don't like it when people point them out to you.

Just out of curiosity, what do you recommend to him? Really starting to thing BF in general is just a bunch of hypocrites. Just go ahead and ban me and delete my account if that's the case.
Not sure what may have been hypocritical in my statement but sure. I was mindful enough to ask if he was even interested in suggestions since he may not care about that. But since you asked, given his location, Bestech and Civivi are 2 solid budget options.

What options do you recommend for the OP?

I made some in my first post in this thread. I must have missed where you made a constructive contribution.

The reason I even brought it up is because I've seen so many people attack Ganzo and Strider and while I don't agree with what some of the stuff Ganzo has done, I really don't agree with all these people being perfectly fine with Benchmade's anti-2A bs. I just believe if you're going to be picky about something and bash companies then you shouldn't be letting stuff like this go.

To make it clear, I could care less what anybody buys. I'm just tired of seeing all the bashing.

So for someone tired of "bashing" you sure want to bash stuff. If you want to start a thread about why you don't like Benchmade no one will stop you. They have their own sub where you can communicate your feelings directly to a representative of the company.

This particular thread would be the wrong place to continue. This thread is all about the blatant theft that Ganzo carries out on various knife companies. Mostly American knife companies by happenstance so if you do strongly care about rights you much angrier than mere "mild disagreement".

Geez! It's very obvious that you most definitely "could care less" about your feelings about Benchmade .

You need to ask yourself, why would a company that makes tools that can be used for self defense be against the part of the constitution that defends their right to sell that product???
Remember Oregon is a very blue state. A company like Benchmade will back the pol who is in line with most of their interests and can win an election so they can help make that company more money.
That's it. I can only guess that Smith & Wesson runs into the same issues in my home state of Mass. (a very VERY blue state).

And for the OP, there are many legit brands available to you via the AB site. The Kizer Vanguard line and possibly CJRB are good brands to start with.

Also, Byrd Knives is a subsidiary of Spyderco. Specifically designed to bring a more affordable knife to the market. So yes, the Meadowlark is basically a less expensive Delica. And Spyderco still rakes in all the profits on it's sales.
It's kind of like the difference between a Cadillac and a Chevy in the Auto industry

Last edited:
So for someone tired of "bashing" you sure want to bash stuff. If you want to start a thread about why you don't like Benchmade no one will stop you. They have their own sub where you can communicate your feelings directly to a representative of the company.

This particular thread would be the wrong place to continue. This thread is all about the blatant theft that Ganzo carries out on various knife companies. Mostly American knife companies by happenstance so if you do strongly care about rights you much angrier than mere "mild disagreement".

Again, I think you're missing the whole point of this thread. The OP was trying to tell everybody how happy he is with his Ganzo and how it was his gateway knife and then some people basically told him to buy something else or take his Ganzo elsewhere. I thought it was rude and some of you guys were being way insensitive.

He clearly explained that most knives are way out of his budget because of the country he lives in and I felt he was being bashed for having a Ganzo and even accused of "trolling." Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't but I feel people should be able to talk about ANY knife on here.

That has been my whole point is that people should be able to buy ANY knife and talk about ANY knife on here without getting bashed. If you're gonna bash, then bash all the other companies that have any agendas that many others may not like.

You need to ask yourself, why would a company that makes tools that can be used for self defense be against the part of the constitution that defends their right to sell that product???
Remember Oregon is a very blue state. A company like Benchmade will back the pol who is in line with most of their interests and can win an election so they can help make that company more money.
That's it. I can only guess that Smith & Wesson runs into the same issues in my home state of Mass. (a very VERY blue state).

Never heard of Smith & Wesson doing anything but I did hear of Springfield Armory trying to do something similar and a lot of people no longer support them.

To make it clear, I really don't care what anybody buys. Benchmade was just the biggest knife company that comes to my mind whenever people start shaming people for their knife choices. If Benchmade makes you happy then keep buying and same with Ganzo.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

Exactly lol. People just won't let people talk about Ganzos and be happy with their knives. I'm really starting to think some of these Benchmade Anti-2A supporters are trying to eliminate the 1st amendment of free speech in here also. Just joking

I guess OP is gone already.
But congrats on the "gateway" knife.
Now you need a good legit knife, in which honest hard working people put time, effort, and money to develop.
Welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back