My Spyderco Delica 4 FFG

8dc6607ddac649217126eb953792225c.png

The only Folder I known. Yes you heard correctly. I sold all my knives because of this knife. You may not see it in the pics but the blade has a ton of scratches and some mild gunk, and the pocket clips has many scratches, but she doesn't care. All she cares about is she gets pocket time and gets used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have really enjoyed following this thread!

otzpfo.jpg

My Delica is back in my pocket now and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

8dc6607ddac649217126eb953792225c.png

The only Folder I known. Yes you heard correctly. I sold all my knives because of this knife. You may not see it in the pics but the blade has a ton of scratches and some mild gunk, and the pocket clips has many scratches, but she doesn't care. All she cares about is she gets pocket time and gets used.

That's dedication! Thanks for posting the pic of your well-loved Delica.

Archieblue/Vanslem/Twinboysdad/Humint--I give my +1 to the FRN. And not only the FRN itself, but the bi-directional texturing Spyderco does--it is simply done right. The grip is incredible and quite comfortable in use. It is also "warm" in the hand and doesn't get hot or cold in varying temperatures, or at least it doesn't feel like it does.

I have really enjoyed following this thread!

otzpfo.jpg

My Delica is back in my pocket now and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Great choice of scale color my friend! I am glad you are enjoying this thread--I appreciate your picture and contribution to it. That's what makes it fun for me is to see all the Delica fans posting pics of their own Delicas.

Reading through these latest posts is making me anxious to get a Delica back in my pocket; however, I am going to give the Endura a fair chance!

I gave in. . . The Delica won out on the Endura. I had to put the Delica back in my pocket!

Reasons:
--Endura is too large for an EDC for me.
--If I were to need a larger EDC I feel like I would always reach for the PM2 over the Endura.
--The handle shape doesn't quite fit my hand as I would like it to--the mid-hump naturally places itself in the pad of my finger rather than between fingers and it becomes slightly uncomfortable.
--I just simply LIKE the Delica much more than the Endura.

So, off to the trade/sale block the Endura goes. . .

Next up in the battle of the EDC Kings will be a slightly different type of battle. It will be Delica VS Delica. Details to follow in the coming days. . .

Eye candy to keep it interesting:

The bumps of the Delica and Endura line up almost exactly with the Endura just being longer in the butt end.
I would not sell that Endura just yet. IMO it's worth way more than the $45 you get for selling used after shipping.

The bumps of the Delica and Endura line up almost exactly with the Endura just being longer in the butt end.
I would not sell that Endura just yet. IMO it's worth way more than the $45 you get for selling used after shipping.

That's interesting--I will really need to look at it closer. I think your right about the value being more that its sales value...

The bumps on the Endura and Delica handles line up basically about the same but I think the minor issue on the Endura comes in for some because of the way it is sometimes held when getting ready to do some work, which is different than the Delica because you're restricted due to handle length. Both are great knives.

The bumps on the Endura and Delica handles line up basically about the same but I think the minor issue on the Endura comes in for some because of the way it is sometimes held when getting ready to do some work, which is different than the Delica because you're restricted due to handle length. Both are great knives.

That's a good way to put it. After re-looking at them both and handling the Endura I would say this description is spot on.

There are times when you need a folding kitchen knife and a Deilca can't do that task as well.

Agreed.

In any case, I have decided to keep the Endura.

Well folks. . . I no longer have my Blue Delica FFG in VG-10. Well, let me clarify--I no longer have it in THAT configuration. Let me explain. I will use mostly pictures instead of words as pictures are more fun.

As a continued quest to find the Pocket King to kick the Delica out of my pocket I encountered a new contender, which you may have seen on other threads, to give a shot at the the title. . .

Here is my Blue Delica:

Why is the blade taped? Safety First, Safety Always!

This Husky tool works great!

All disassembled:

Why is it being disassembled?

Strop the washers:

A little CRK grease.

Almost done:

Aaaaand BOOM! Thanks to BOOMER52 and his excellent craftmanship and customer service, I present to you the latest contender for title of Pocket King--the MMAR Lil' Para with black G10, jade liners, and jade G10 backspacer!

Very cool .
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new layout of the knife .
The finger choil will totally change the ergonomics , and it will be interesting to know if you think it's for the better .
The Delica's handle shape is why I love mine so much , maybe I'm just lucky that it suits my hand so well .

Ken

I couldn't agree more. My spyderco slysz bowie ( approx half the cost ) of my lg sebenza and umnumzaan:) has definitely taken up a chunk of pocket time from my beloved crk's.

Love my Lil Para/Delica!! Had it in my pocket this morning. I don't know about yours but mine feels even smoother than my two stock Delicas.

Last edited:
Very cool .
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the new layout of the knife .
The finger choil will totally change the ergonomics , and it will be interesting to know if you think it's for the better .
The Delica's handle shape is why I love mine so much , maybe I'm just lucky that it suits my hand so well .

Ken

The quality of the work on the new scales is superb. The ergonomics have definitely been shifted, but it is too early to tell if it is for the better. The standard grip had a minor change in that the first finger is slightly further back from the pivot--this is something that can be a concern for me as I sold a Caly 3 because of the distance behind the pivot when not using the choil. However, it feels very natural and comfortable when choking up on the choil. In the coming days I will post more pics of it in hand compared to the Delica.

I couldn't agree more. My spyderco slysz bowie ( approx half the cost ) of my lg sebenza and umnumzaan:) has definitely taken up a chunk of pocket time from my beloved crk's.

I used to be nearly 100% CRK and have had dozens of them in nearly every configuration. Great knives. However, the value and ergonomics combined with the quality and materials makes a Spyderco a wonderful choice of knife.

Love my Lil Para/Delica!! Had it in my pocket this morning. I don't know about yours but mine feels even smoother than my two stock Delicas.

Everyone would love to hear your perspective on the Lil' Para vs the Delica as well. I don't feel like this is "my thread" I feel like it is "our thread" and anyone who feels inclined to share their impressions of the Delica, or variants thereof, please feel free to do so.

Delica ffg is a phenomenal knife!

Agreed!

This will be interesting! These days I much prefer FRN over G10

I am interested to see how much the G10 vs FRN plays into the desirability of carry on this one.

Back