N A S K finalized

Well that is true. There's going to be extra cost involved for the end users requesting proxies now, so hopefully we would not see that happen.

I still don't know if I'm getting sent out tomorrow, but if I'm home I'm going to play.

If it was up o me, I'd respectfully ask the participants to enter a meaningful phrase or sentence like, "I'll take it" or something similar which doesn't need to be a full on grammatically and syntax correct sentence rather than something such, "Aaa"... But, I also understand that some folks bid from their phones which is now less advantageous if they type in more than a few meaningless letters/symbols... The bottom line is that it is not something which is going to be enforced or even worthwhile to get one's knickers in a twist over but I am sure if asked as such, most folks in here are super respectful and will adhere to common courtesy requests. Shrug!

P.S. best of luck to you Dave in you're going to partake :)

My internet was out this evening (at work where I'll be for the sale). I may be skunked just because the electrons are confused. AAARRRGGH!

Would be cool to have a D2 one, but I think i am ok with just waiting for my D3V preorder

Lucky, i was considering to stay home just to try and land a nask. Im going to try and take a late lunch and see if i can find a spot with decent cell service.

Here's a few in-hand shots and a comparison shot with the standard Field Knife.......

A shot of the HDFK 'with the bark on' and a tumbled FK

5Pxwca5.jpg

What would be the logo side but no logo on the D2 Proto

tW37OrB.jpg

Spine shot

kTWEP99.jpg

Balance point

p1gISL7.jpg

In-hand

QANkGvQl.jpg

ATIEFp3l.jpg

Last edited:
Could someone post a comparison picture of the NASK with normal and thin handle scales? Just curious what the difference actually looks like.

Could someone comment/compare/contrast the choil on the HDFK to those found on the Busse line? I don't own any Busse and havent ever used one, so take the following comment considering the source... I have never liked the looks of the choil on Busse knives. The one on the HDFK looks smarter to me in that if you do put your finger in there, there is a lot less guard/ricasso between your index and middle finger. It still seems like a natural grip.

Please educate me (and let's keep it friendly and objective) about the merits of either one.

Thanks in advance.

I would love to hear @Nathan the Machinist and Lorien Lorien comment on the design of the HDFK choil as well.

if you do put your finger in there, there is a lot less guard/ricasso between your index and middle finger.

that was one of my primary considerations when designing into this knife a feature that I have up to this point generally dismissed as gimmicky.

Also, choils that catch on fabric or whatever piss me off, which is one of the reasons why that finger bay not a perfect semi circle. In addition, I didn't want to give up more edge than was absolutely necessary, so the bay was designed to be as compact as it could be and still not cut you.

The chamfering is hugely important, and that extra level of complexity wrt manufacture one of the main benefits that CPK claims over many other knife making outfits.

The part that you can't see easily is the balance point, and in my view that's what really makes the choked up grip function as it should. Given that this grip is intended for jobs that require more finesse, the knife ought to provide a neutral balance when used this way so you're not fighting to keep the tip up or down, but instead be able to 'float' the knife in such a way as to have maximum control when using it this way

Anyone put the D2 to work yet? Wondering how the blade tip being thicker than down at the ricasso works for slicing, chopping etc.

Mine was delivered about an hour ago, unfortunately I still have about 5 hours to go on my shift:(

~Chip

Anyone put the D2 to work yet? Wondering how the blade tip being thicker than down at the ricasso works for slicing, chopping etc.

Yes, grogimus grogimus

You ought to know by now that his knives barely being taken out of their boxes are already smashing onto something!

Hopefully he will be posting some photos soon which he texted to me earlier on! I don't know if he cut anything but I saw his Fluffer taking a walk in the wild with his mitt marks on 'em!

Here's a few in-hand shots and a comparison shot with the standard Field Knife.......

A shot of the HDFK 'with the bark on' and a tumbled FK

5Pxwca5.jpg

What would be the logo side but no logo on the D2 Proto

tW37OrB.jpg

Spine shot

kTWEP99.jpg

Balance point

p1gISL7.jpg

In-hand

QANkGvQl.jpg

ATIEFp3l.jpg
Can you take a few photos of you boxing up the HDFK and FK right before you send them to me?

View attachment 762916

I didn't get a chance to do a whole lot, just picked it up this morning. I gave an Amur maple and a mulberry a haircut and trimmed up some of the branches. Not enough to say a whole lot. It's comfortable, balanced right on the guard, lighter than I expected, and sharp as hell.

xSmgFda.jpg

JjmKPN3.jpg

DYBuf1H.jpg

The 7/7 is a wonderful 6 inch'ish blade knife but it definitely has some competition.

I didn't get a chance to do a whole lot, just picked it up this morning. I gave an Amur maple and a mulberry a haircut and trimmed up some of the branches. Not enough to say a whole lot. It's comfortable, balanced right on the guard, lighter than I expected, and sharp as hell.

xSmgFda.jpg

JjmKPN3.jpg

DYBuf1H.jpg

The 7/7 is a wonderful 6 inch'ish blade knife but it definitely has some competition.
Excellent pictures. This is helpful.

My D2 proto arrived yesterday:D I haven't had time to actually use it, but the feel in hand is every bit as good as a Light Chopper (I may dub it the "Mini Chopper" ;) ). They ran out of skinny OD micarta, so mine has OD with black liners(regular thickness).

Screenshot_20170910-114224.png

~Chip

Last edited:
My D2 proto arrived yesterday:D I haven't had time to actually use it, but the feel in hand is every bit as good as a Light Chopper (I may dub it the "Mini Chopper" ;) ). They ran out of skinny OD micarta, so mine has OD with black liners(regular thickness).

View attachment 763325

~Chip
That's a good looking scale combo and a great shot of the grind he puts on these.

Back