N A S K finalized

glad you approve!

glad you approve!

I'm not kidding you if I tell you this:

Among all the CPKs which I own, and I own almost one of each with the exception of the Skinner and the Potato Knife, this NASK may well have become my favorite CPK to date! I fluffing LOVE it :)

Or is it loving it fluffingly?! o_O

I'm not kidding you if I tell you this:

Among all the CPKs which I own, and I own almost one of each with the exception of the Skinner and the Potato Knife, this NASK may well have become my favorite CPK to date! I fluffing LOVE it :)

Or is it loving it fluffingly?! o_O

I love it as well. I don't think it can de-throne my FK as size wise it's a little much to belt carry all day, but man it's a stunner. Unbuffed micarta is excellent on it. Not sure if TT is the way to go or not.

Edit:

Around the yard and house I think FK wins. But if I was in camp all setup, I think the HDFK might edge it out.

I'm kinda sad Nathan didn't actually engrave one with Fluffer for me after all.

After I wrote what I wrote above, I was thinking that some may ask, "well how could this NASK (HDFK, a name I can't get used to yet because it resonates high definition instead of heavy duty :confused:) be your fave if you have very hard to get ones like the vaunted Shiv, the unicorn UF and the indomitable CPK which shall remain nameless? Here's why:

I was never a knife nut-job till about 2 years ago as there was no need for someone living in a heavily populated city whose memories of hunting and fishing were a thing of his young childhood. Heck, I had a mental block and used to scoff at spending $200 on a whole pack of Costco knives, let alone more than that one a single blade!!! When I bought my piece of land up north near Crescent City, I started acquiring tools for the day I retire and move away from the City (I had a 5 year plan back then). Some how I was looking at a camp sized knife made by LionSteel (M7) and when I started research steel and all that good stuff, I kept getting referred to Blade Forums. Finally after lurking for a couple of months, I took the plunge and signed up to ask some questions which I did and went unanswered. Heck, I was even moderated back then and if I posted something today, the post would not show up till tomorrow, IIRC! I never bought that LionSteel M7 which I originally had my eyes on, but in the meantime I bought a variety of ESEE 6 iterations, some similar models from other 1095 steel producers and Fallkniven A1. Some I sent back just after opening the boxes, some I sold for a loss after light fondling / use and some I just gifted away to my Brother who owns the neighboring parcel to me up North!

The rest of the story will be long and meandering but let's say I got to know of Carothers Knives from another subform, bought an LC when it was a lot easier to score one of Nathan's after some invaluable guidance and tips from Justin and as they say, the rest is history and I git hooked big time because of my very additive type personality and extremely curious nature. Although I LOVED everything that Nathan was producing, he did not have anything in his repertoire to satiate my appetite on my original wish list. After I gave up on my S! pre-orders, I was just about to pull the trigger on a FBF Camp Knife, till I saw the idea behind a Carothers larger utilitarian camp / field knife. It took about 1 year from the time Lorien had put pen to paper and just about 4-5 months from the time I placed the preorders till I received the NASKs. A wait well, well worthwhile to get the exact knife which I wanted when I got fanatical about this hobby :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I love it as well. I don't think it can de-throne my FK as size wise it's a little much to belt carry all day, but man it's a stunner. Unbuffed micarta is excellent on it. Not sure if TT is the way to go or not.

Edit:

Around the yard and house I think FK wins. But if I was in camp all setup, I think the HDFK might edge it out.

I'm kinda sad Nathan didn't actually engrave one with Fluffer for me after all.

I also love the FK because of its design, ergo, size and versatility and the way that it fit me, but I also see as to why it may not necessarily appeal to everyone, specially those with massive bear-sized paws! I feel the pound-for-pound in the realm of camp-sized knives, the NASK is something very, very special.

Are you saying, then, that the time has come to sell me all the other models?:D:D:D:D:D

We never sell to friends, we gift it to them by way of leaving them in our will to be bequeathed. Now, you will have to outlive me so start doing some laps around the block, a few air squats and jumping jacks... Actually, on second thought: JUST DON'T! I rather "sell" 'em to you instead :D :D :D

We never sell to friends, we gift it to them by way of leaving them in our will to be bequeathed. Now, you will have to outlive me so start doing some laps around the block, a few air squats and jumping jacks... Actually, on second thought: JUST DON'T! I rather "sell" 'em to you instead :D :D :D
I am gonna die way before you, lol.

I think Justin has it all over us when it comes to longevity.

Actually Lukey is the baby among us but he has a lot of "special friends" on here who'd probably wish that they could just flay him and feed the remains to the kangaroos!

Last edited:
too many carbs...do ya have a sweet tooth?

Yeah. Reducing alcohol, things like potatoes and other starches, cutting out ice cream, sugar in the coffee and adding fish oil cut the value in half. It's now a little more than double what it should be. It had been way worse.

Back