Naked and Afraid - What would you bring?

If the other person had a knife/machete. I would bring a pot to boil the water in. As for fire I would OPPS i fell at night and broke my cam. hopfully start a fire with the lens of battery pack LOL

A hollow handle survival knife. And there's no need to check inside the handle. It's empty. I mean, really, what could possibly be in that little space that could even make a difference? ;)

I would say huge, high mil, clear plastic sheet. Priorities are rescue, fire/shelter, water, food, clothes.

another guy have brought goggles ..... and it took him 20 days to catch 2 lobsters and 1 fish for 4 people

My glasses. I'm blind as a bat without them. Although I'd have to design some that would hold a firestarter & a small blade. Hmmm... Now there's an idea!

Actually I think survival items in the knife count as ONE item.
At least it should, thats the entire idea behind it.. that you have one item if you lose everything else that still gives you a chance.... question is are there any hollowed handled survival knives that actually can be trusted for continued hard work?

A hollow handle survival knife. And there's no need to check inside the handle. It's empty. I mean, really, what could possibly be in that little space that could even make a difference? ;)

Actually I think survival items in the knife count as ONE item.
At least it should, thats the entire idea behind it.. that you have one item if you lose everything else that still gives you a chance.... question is are there any hollowed handled survival knives that actually can be trusted for continued hard work?

CRK and a few others make tough full tang ones. I would bring a survival truck then! Everything inside counts! :D

The big issues for participants seem to be dehydration, foot issues, and exposure. If the other person brought a cutting tool, then I am torn between either a water filtration device (obvious uses) and a big roll of oilcloth (shelter, clothing, footwear, etc.).

Actually I would bring a Global Emergency beacon.... be home in 48 hours...

Its one Item.. and its a valid piece of Survival kit.

What would I bring?
Clothing! Not for vanity, but for protection from the sun & my private parts.
In South America there is a small fish that can swim up your pecker:eek::eek: Same for a ladies vaginal cannel. NOT GOOD!

What would I bring?
Clothing! Not for vanity, but for protection from the sun & my private parts.
In South America there is a small fish that can swim up your pecker:eek::eek: Same for a ladies vaginal cannel. NOT GOOD!

The candiru, namesake of the small ESEE.

I was going to say banana hammock, you can always use it to filter your water and use the string to make a bow drill. :)

I happened to see episode 2 of season 2 (Madagascar)
It was priceless the Mormon guy from Idaho had this christian fanatic mentality of, - I am the master of nature and will not hesitate to plunder nature in order to subdue it, needless to say she kicked him in the nuts
how can you burn your snake meat first time around and then decide to SMOKE another snake a few days later when you starve AND burn another one

If one brought a knife or machete, I would have to say a large tarp or large pot to boil water in. Primitive fire starting is a pain in the ass especially when it's humid, but once you get it going that pot or tarp is going to be a lot more useful

I have considered a 20x30 tarp waterproof canvas Packing it is a pain but once there you cut it up. Ground cloth, blanket, shelter and a weak means to hold water and boil it with hot rocks. Oh yeah and clothing. Seems far better than the knife. As you can break most of the wood and a decent rock can be used to clean an animal if you take your time.

From what I've heard, you get one single item and so does the other person but neither know what the other is choosing. Survive GSO 10 or Esee Junglas for me.

If I was naked and afraid and asked " would you bring", clothing and a hat would be near the top of the list.

Back