Naked and Afraid - What would you bring?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by sideways, Jul 17, 2013.

1. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    If the other person had a knife/machete. I would bring a pot to boil the water in. As for fire I would OPPS i fell at night and broke my cam. hopfully start a fire with the lens of battery pack LOL

2. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    A hollow handle survival knife. And there's no need to check inside the handle. It's empty. I mean, really, what could possibly be in that little space that could even make a difference? ;)

3. Dodge

Dodge

Sep 6, 2008
    I would say huge, high mil, clear plastic sheet. Priorities are rescue, fire/shelter, water, food, clothes.

4. ridnovir

ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    another guy have brought goggles ..... and it took him 20 days to catch 2 lobsters and 1 fish for 4 people

5. philbro

philbro

Nov 10, 2008
    My glasses. I'm blind as a bat without them. Although I'd have to design some that would hold a firestarter & a small blade. Hmmm... Now there's an idea!

6. Phoynix

Phoynix Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Actually I think survival items in the knife count as ONE item.
    At least it should, thats the entire idea behind it.. that you have one item if you lose everything else that still gives you a chance.... question is are there any hollowed handled survival knives that actually can be trusted for continued hard work?

7. Tixx

Tixx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2011
    CRK and a few others make tough full tang ones. I would bring a survival truck then! Everything inside counts! :D

8. Foilist

Foilist

Dec 20, 2004
    The big issues for participants seem to be dehydration, foot issues, and exposure. If the other person brought a cutting tool, then I am torn between either a water filtration device (obvious uses) and a big roll of oilcloth (shelter, clothing, footwear, etc.).

9. Phoynix

Dec 21, 2013
    Actually I would bring a Global Emergency beacon.... be home in 48 hours...

Its one Item.. and its a valid piece of Survival kit.

10. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2013
    What would I bring?
    Clothing! Not for vanity, but for protection from the sun & my private parts.
    In South America there is a small fish that can swim up your pecker:eek::eek: Same for a ladies vaginal cannel. NOT GOOD!

11. Phoynix

Dec 21, 2013
  12. Foilist

Foilist

Dec 20, 2004

The candiru, namesake of the small ESEE.

13. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2013
    This would be my one piece of survival equipment!
    An Koteta. That will keep the bugs off and little Candiru out of my urethra!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koteka

:triumphant: LOL

14. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I was going to say banana hammock, you can always use it to filter your water and use the string to make a bow drill. :)

15. ridnovir

ridnovir

Mar 12, 2012
    I happened to see episode 2 of season 2 (Madagascar)
    It was priceless the Mormon guy from Idaho had this christian fanatic mentality of, - I am the master of nature and will not hesitate to plunder nature in order to subdue it, needless to say she kicked him in the nuts
    how can you burn your snake meat first time around and then decide to SMOKE another snake a few days later when you starve AND burn another one

16. Burncycle

Burncycle

Jan 3, 2005
    If one brought a knife or machete, I would have to say a large tarp or large pot to boil water in. Primitive fire starting is a pain in the ass especially when it's humid, but once you get it going that pot or tarp is going to be a lot more useful

17. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    I have considered a 20x30 tarp waterproof canvas Packing it is a pain but once there you cut it up. Ground cloth, blanket, shelter and a weak means to hold water and boil it with hot rocks. Oh yeah and clothing. Seems far better than the knife. As you can break most of the wood and a decent rock can be used to clean an animal if you take your time.

18. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    From what I've heard, you get one single item and so does the other person but neither know what the other is choosing. Survive GSO 10 or Esee Junglas for me.

19. Metal Made Fox

Metal Made Fox Banned BANNED

Sep 28, 2011
    I'd bring some condoms for sure. Some of the naked girls on that show are hot!!!

20. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    If I was naked and afraid and asked " would you bring", clothing and a hat would be near the top of the list.