Name The New PM3

Looks to me like the majority is in favor of the Spyderco Petunia.

If I say it enough, maybe it'll happen.

What's wrong with FNG? Lol :D

Yeah I tried that one but got no response either...
Thought it fit right in with the armed forces nomenclature myself.

Spyderco Petunia...hmmm...
'Can I borrow your Petunia mate?'
'I never leave the house without a Petunia in my pocket.'
'I gave the wife a Petunia for her birthday.'

Well, maybe...

Wow, you guys are way too serious. I'm not sure if you are trying to insult me jbmonkey? I personally don't have anything against anyone who works for a living, be it mall cop, security guard or otherwise. I was just trying to inject some humor into the whole name game. I didn't realize that people here were so serious about the subject. Have fun, I got to go covertly follow some kids looking up to no good here in the mall.

No sorry was a bad joke...as the military is a big folder, the para a smaller folder and this one even smaller......so the next level of protection and fighting force. Just bad joke nothing more and i apologize.

Besides im now liking........ the napoleon, and the para mini.

Last edited:
You guys need to agree on a name quickly so that Sal can print up the boxes and ship them out to us. All this indecision is taking way too long.

No sorry was a bad joke...as the military is a big folder, the para a smaller folder and this one even smaller......so the next level of protection and fighting force. Just bad joke nothing more and i apologize.

Besides im now liking........ the napoleon, and the para mini.

I like that thinking. How about the 'Patrol' ?

How about the Reservist? because we have the Military - Paramilitary 2 and the reservist/national guard...? haha I would buy a knife called the Spyderco Reservist or the Spyderco National Guard.

or maybe even the Spyderco ROTC...

If the new PM 3 is smaller than the PM 2, how about the Paramilitary Cadet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I actually think they should avoid using a military-style name for this knife. What they're doing is creating a knife that is just about perfect for the average joe. Legal in most jurisdictions ( < 3"), smaller and lighter than the military-themed knives, appropriately sized for typical everyday use. This has the potential to become one of their defining, ubiquitous knives going forward. A modern-day Delica. They need to choose a name that lets everyone know 'this knife is for you'.
Resident.
Citizen.
Essential.

Something like that.

I actually think they should avoid using a military-style name for this knife. What they're doing is creating a knife that is just about perfect for the average joe. Legal in most jurisdictions ( < 3"), smaller and lighter than the military-themed knives, appropriately sized for typical everyday use. This has the potential to become one of their defining, ubiquitous knives going forward. A modern-day Delica. They need to choose a name that lets everyone know 'this knife is for you'.
Resident.
Citizen.
Essential.

Something like that.

I totally agree with you. This is an EDC, and I don't want to give the impression that the knife was designed as a weapon! It could be called Paratool for all I care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resident.
Citizen.
Essential.

Something like that.

Yep, 100% spot on! That's why I think the military or combat-themed suggestions are so stupid.

Halcyon

During a time of peace, a smaller version of the (para)military knife would suit one's needs.

If spyderco has the mini- paramilitary and dragonfly under their belt- they will dominate the small EDC market. Benchmade's smallest blade is about 2.97 inches. That's still plenty large. If benchmade made a mini 940 Osborne, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back