1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Name The New PM3

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Sharp Guy, Jan 31, 2016.

1. timbo813

timbo813

Jun 24, 2014
    How about Mini Military? We could call it the MiniMil

2. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Looks to me like the majority is in favor of the Spyderco Petunia.

If I say it enough, maybe it'll happen.

3. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    The Combatant is a killer name!
    I'd vote for that.

4. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Yeah I tried that one but got no response either...
    Thought it fit right in with the armed forces nomenclature myself.

Spyderco Petunia...hmmm...
    'Can I borrow your Petunia mate?'
    'I never leave the house without a Petunia in my pocket.'
    'I gave the wife a Petunia for her birthday.'

Well, maybe...

5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    No sorry was a bad joke...as the military is a big folder, the para a smaller folder and this one even smaller......so the next level of protection and fighting force. Just bad joke nothing more and i apologize.

Besides im now liking........ the napoleon, and the para mini.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  6. TDOG1

TDOG1

Jan 11, 2009
    How about the "Paradox" ;)

7. jorismo

jorismo

Aug 31, 2009
    I'll take this knife anonymously.. Love it, I'll take it without a name as well. ;)

8. Scooter70

Scooter70 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    You guys need to agree on a name quickly so that Sal can print up the boxes and ship them out to us. All this indecision is taking way too long.

9. Dudelepowski

Dudelepowski

Jun 26, 2012
    I like that thinking. How about the 'Patrol' ?

10. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    ^yep that is good, imho.

11. MadMax2015

MadMax2015

Mar 30, 2016
    How about the Reservist? because we have the Military - Paramilitary 2 and the reservist/national guard...? haha I would buy a knife called the Spyderco Reservist or the Spyderco National Guard.

or maybe even the Spyderco ROTC...

12. FlipRider

FlipRider

May 19, 2013
    If the new PM 3 is smaller than the PM 2, how about the Paramilitary Cadet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

13. danthaman1980

danthaman1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I actually think they should avoid using a military-style name for this knife. What they're doing is creating a knife that is just about perfect for the average joe. Legal in most jurisdictions ( < 3"), smaller and lighter than the military-themed knives, appropriately sized for typical everyday use. This has the potential to become one of their defining, ubiquitous knives going forward. A modern-day Delica. They need to choose a name that lets everyone know 'this knife is for you'.
    Resident.
    Citizen.
    Essential.

Something like that.

14. Sharpening

Sharpening

Aug 1, 2016
    I totally agree with you. This is an EDC, and I don't want to give the impression that the knife was designed as a weapon! It could be called Paratool for all I care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    Yep, 100% spot on! That's why I think the military or combat-themed suggestions are so stupid.

16. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Orderly

17. remnar

remnar

Nov 14, 2013
    I like the "Puny Para".

18. skwurll

skwurll

Oct 12, 2008
    "Paramecium"

19. SunOfAtom

SunOfAtom

Feb 26, 2014
    Halcyon

During a time of peace, a smaller version of the (para)military knife would suit one's needs.

20. Sharpening

Sharpening

Aug 1, 2016
    If spyderco has the mini- paramilitary and dragonfly under their belt- they will dominate the small EDC market. Benchmade's smallest blade is about 2.97 inches. That's still plenty large. If benchmade made a mini 940 Osborne, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk