1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Nessmuk Trios - Lets see yours

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by machine26, Aug 10, 2011.

1. paul'ie

paul'ie

Jun 6, 2012
    Say Heah Guys and Gals, I usually like going on a Afternoon Delight with a good Trio, and I have a few of them that work good for me. One that I really enjoy is my Rodent 5, my 2Hawks Warbeast Tomahawk, and my Wicked Tough Saw. I have other's too that I can use my Hultafors Bruks 17 " Agdor with too. Recently I put together a real Lite Trio, I teamed up my Mora 2000 with the Mora Hatchet and a Bacho Laplander that really matched together. I do have intentions on getting something that resembles more of a Nessmuk Style Knife, and I'm thinking of the Jessmuk, to go with my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet and I even got a Rough Rider Moose Pattern Slipjoint Pocket Knife. But recently I got a Mora Forest Exclusive # 277 that actually works fantastic with my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet and my Bacho Laplander, even though I really like my Wicked Tough Saw. But for some reason matches creating the new Trio better. It is a good saw. The Trio is lite and I can easily on person carry the trio and I really don't need more than a Haversack to carry the rest of my 5 C's. It's defenetly a great set. But I'm really impressed with the Mora 2000 Trio with the Mora Hatchet and the Bacho Laplander. It's just the right set for a Afternoon Delight that I enjoy more than going to Micky Dee's for a hot cup of coffee and fries, A much better scenery and by far more enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. savage99

savage99

Jan 3, 2014
    [​IMG]

This set up works for me

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

3. mec003

mec003 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I love this thread! Lots of great tool pairings here.

4. Macchina

Macchina

Apr 7, 2006
    Really cool thread. Took this today, can't wait to get out again!

[​IMG]

5. JV3

JV3 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. alewn

alewn Banned BANNED

Jun 22, 2016
    I have a pc that I can haft if I need to (but have yet to experience such a need). I prefer the bow saw and the multi-tool. I see very little need of all this "crafting". and "clearing". Why not just set up the hammock someplace that doesn't need clearing? To me, that's just part of a proper camp location, minimal need of doing anything to get a night's rest. It's rare that I need the saw, but it's a small, lw insurance policy sort of thing. I've had many x more need of cutting woven wire fences than I have of chopping anything. Of course, they always get wired back together.

7. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Thought I had already posted mine.....

[​IMG]

Winchester USA Even Ended Moose, an old Douglass Carpenters Hatchet and a Russell Grohmann #4 in carbon. That Douglass built my house and has rode along on 35 years of hunting /camping trips. :thumbup:

8. smith357

smith357

Feb 19, 2005
    [​IMG]

9. allen456

allen456 Moderator Moderator

Nov 13, 2012
    How about this......
    GEC #77 Barlow, 2 Hawks that I modified and made a new sheath for, and one of my new Rocky Mtn Nessmuk models
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

10. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    ^Great photo and beautiful tools Allen! :thumbup: :)

Phil

11. REB40

REB40 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Here's my Nessmuk trio.....

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  12. alewn

alewn Banned BANNED

Jun 22, 2016
    I just don't see enough of a need of chopping to bother with much of an "axe". I've got a credit card "axe" and the lid to my 2 qt Artic canteen cup is haft-able. I much prefer to use the little cold chisel for baton/splitting, and the pocket chain saw (rigged as a bow saw) to any hatchet or axe. In the bush, I rarely bother with more of a knife than my daily-carry folder. I do keep a vise grip and a couple of saws-all blades in the BOB, along with a "haftable" broadhead, as a sort of backup blade. The surgical tubing that will launch the arrow has other uses, like sucking water out of narrow, deep holes. as a tourniquet or super quick tie off, The thumb-ring can be used to lift a bailed, hot pot. The slingshot pouch weighs almost nothing. this is not a simple hike kit. It's a shtf kit, but I do sometimes carry all of it, just to practice with it.

My wife got this for my birthday, and it's surprising how useful it can be.

http://ecopusa.com/knives-tools/too...nd3tz57yeg38tUtXIo8t7JlT2NVo4qAZ1bBoCS0_w_wcB

13. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    The wife and I are going to the north woods in a few weeks. I haven't had time to figure out what wood processors that I want to bring along yet. This thread should help.

14. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

Here's my latest setup.
    Condor hudson bay with convex grind, cs trailhawk modded & rehung and texas camp knife by gec. Camp knife also has sheath I made, hawk has blade cover.

15. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I still have to figure out what finger/toe remover to take in a few days. Leaning toward the Husky hatchet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    May be using a medium ALICE.

16. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    I spent last weekend camped out buy a little pond in the woods . I got buy just fine with these
    [​IMG]

17. bore

bore

May 20, 2015
    Here's the closest I've got. Got a couple jack knives but no two blades ones. The Robbie Roberson is a pretty versatile knife. The Estwing is just a fun Ax to throw. The Rat7 is my main knife for walking around in the bush. [​IMG][​IMG]

18. John A. Larsen

John A. Larsen

Jan 15, 2001
    REB40, Who made your fixed blade knife? John

19. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Like many of us here, I could put up many combos. The warden and I leave for the Boreal on Monday and I have decided to play with these toys (although I might swap the 6 with an SRK). The two on the left were bought last winter and I have never had them out....so, play time ! I work, take classes, and I'm heavily into metal detecting for half the year. So my time is often limited. I'm taking the Ti Emberlit, a USGI canteen cup etc. and doing my thing up there while the boss visits girlfriends. I also plan on grabbing another whack of birch peelings. With a little luck I'll pick up some 1700's fur trade rings, see some gorgeous country, have some dirt time, and maybe find some rings water detecting a lake or two.
    [​IMG]

20. MaximIsayev

MaximIsayev

Dec 17, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Another modded Trail Hawk, this one's a shorty, only 16" or so, but should be adequate for light camping. Tennis wrap on the handle makes it incredibly grippy, no chance of it slipping.