Nessmuk Trios - Lets see yours

Say Heah Guys and Gals, I usually like going on a Afternoon Delight with a good Trio, and I have a few of them that work good for me. One that I really enjoy is my Rodent 5, my 2Hawks Warbeast Tomahawk, and my Wicked Tough Saw. I have other's too that I can use my Hultafors Bruks 17 " Agdor with too. Recently I put together a real Lite Trio, I teamed up my Mora 2000 with the Mora Hatchet and a Bacho Laplander that really matched together. I do have intentions on getting something that resembles more of a Nessmuk Style Knife, and I'm thinking of the Jessmuk, to go with my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet and I even got a Rough Rider Moose Pattern Slipjoint Pocket Knife. But recently I got a Mora Forest Exclusive # 277 that actually works fantastic with my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet and my Bacho Laplander, even though I really like my Wicked Tough Saw. But for some reason matches creating the new Trio better. It is a good saw. The Trio is lite and I can easily on person carry the trio and I really don't need more than a Haversack to carry the rest of my 5 C's. It's defenetly a great set. But I'm really impressed with the Mora 2000 Trio with the Mora Hatchet and the Bacho Laplander. It's just the right set for a Afternoon Delight that I enjoy more than going to Micky Dee's for a hot cup of coffee and fries, A much better scenery and by far more enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

084_012_zpseipvg702.jpg

082_015_zpstzxyz9xm.jpg

079_002_zpsj6rklzgl.jpg

I have a pc that I can haft if I need to (but have yet to experience such a need). I prefer the bow saw and the multi-tool. I see very little need of all this "crafting". and "clearing". Why not just set up the hammock someplace that doesn't need clearing? To me, that's just part of a proper camp location, minimal need of doing anything to get a night's rest. It's rare that I need the saw, but it's a small, lw insurance policy sort of thing. I've had many x more need of cutting woven wire fences than I have of chopping anything. Of course, they always get wired back together.

Thought I had already posted mine.....

Camping%20and%20Woodcraft%20Homage_zpsn0wlp6ef.jpg

Winchester USA Even Ended Moose, an old Douglass Carpenters Hatchet and a Russell Grohmann #4 in carbon. That Douglass built my house and has rode along on 35 years of hunting /camping trips. :thumbup:

How about this......
GEC #77 Barlow, 2 Hawks that I modified and made a new sheath for, and one of my new Rocky Mtn Nessmuk models
Hosted on Fotki

Here's my Nessmuk trio.....

27890595442_d1269fea10_c_zpsv7qie2w1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I just don't see enough of a need of chopping to bother with much of an "axe". I've got a credit card "axe" and the lid to my 2 qt Artic canteen cup is haft-able. I much prefer to use the little cold chisel for baton/splitting, and the pocket chain saw (rigged as a bow saw) to any hatchet or axe. In the bush, I rarely bother with more of a knife than my daily-carry folder. I do keep a vise grip and a couple of saws-all blades in the BOB, along with a "haftable" broadhead, as a sort of backup blade. The surgical tubing that will launch the arrow has other uses, like sucking water out of narrow, deep holes. as a tourniquet or super quick tie off, The thumb-ring can be used to lift a bailed, hot pot. The slingshot pouch weighs almost nothing. this is not a simple hike kit. It's a shtf kit, but I do sometimes carry all of it, just to practice with it.

My wife got this for my birthday, and it's surprising how useful it can be.

http://ecopusa.com/knives-tools/too...nd3tz57yeg38tUtXIo8t7JlT2NVo4qAZ1bBoCS0_w_wcB

The wife and I are going to the north woods in a few weeks. I haven't had time to figure out what wood processors that I want to bring along yet. This thread should help.

DNlvgo9.jpg

Here's my latest setup.
Condor hudson bay with convex grind, cs trailhawk modded & rehung and texas camp knife by gec. Camp knife also has sheath I made, hawk has blade cover.

I still have to figure out what finger/toe remover to take in a few days. Leaning toward the Husky hatchet.

May be using a medium ALICE.

I spent last weekend camped out buy a little pond in the woods . I got buy just fine with these
20160716_190515_zpsnkpinx0a.jpg

Here's the closest I've got. Got a couple jack knives but no two blades ones. The Robbie Roberson is a pretty versatile knife. The Estwing is just a fun Ax to throw. The Rat7 is my main knife for walking around in the bush.
DSC_0010_zpstff7ai8t.jpg
DSC_0011_zpssretq6gk.jpg

Like many of us here, I could put up many combos. The warden and I leave for the Boreal on Monday and I have decided to play with these toys (although I might swap the 6 with an SRK). The two on the left were bought last winter and I have never had them out....so, play time ! I work, take classes, and I'm heavily into metal detecting for half the year. So my time is often limited. I'm taking the Ti Emberlit, a USGI canteen cup etc. and doing my thing up there while the boss visits girlfriends. I also plan on grabbing another whack of birch peelings. With a little luck I'll pick up some 1700's fur trade rings, see some gorgeous country, have some dirt time, and maybe find some rings water detecting a lake or two.

6FXOJM0.jpg

Another modded Trail Hawk, this one's a shorty, only 16" or so, but should be adequate for light camping. Tennis wrap on the handle makes it incredibly grippy, no chance of it slipping.

Back