New 14 run

Regarding this current run of 14's, I think the blade - and the knife's overall size when open - is quite usable for a lot of the tasks I use a knife for. It's small size when folded makes the knife very pocketable. But I wouldn't mind a somewhat lighter pull on the 3 examples I have. ;)

Regarding this current run of 14's, I think the blade - and the knife's overall size when open - is quite usable for a lot of the tasks I use a knife for. It's small size when folded makes the knife very pocketable. But I wouldn't mind a somewhat lighter pull on the 3 examples I have. ;)

Right on the cusp of comfort for me. If the pen blades are hard to open I'm going to be disappointed.

I don't mind the size but would never carry the 14 as my sole knife. But I often carry larger folders so having the 14 as backup in the coin pocket for small tasks is ideal. The strong spring is nice and not too strong for me. Not pinchable (although the Harrison Bays are close) but not a nail breaker either.

Same, I can pinch my GSJ 14, but it's not the easiest. I think most of the time I'll use the pull. Maybe it will get better with a patina. However, I do like how snappy it is. Still way easier to open than the only other small GEC-made knife I have, the NW Little bay.

I think these look great. Makes me wish that I was around when GEC was pumping out clip bladed 15's like they are with the 14's.
GEC-ILLUSTRATED-1.jpg

I like the cut bone, but the AAPK shield is just a bit too big for my preference.

I normally carry a peanut. Just got my hands on a single bladed 14 and it is a fantastic knife.

I’ll be on the lookout for more. Probably putting my #25s up for sale as they feel too chunky and heavy to me compared to the 14.

I’d want one of these if it wasn’t an AARP knife. Their shield, blade etch, and tang stamp are just too much. Where is the subtlety? Get rid of the blade etch and tang stamp with the font that is too large. Then get rid of the letters on the shield and reduce the size of the shield by 50%. Then this one would be perfect.57F62C83-4FF4-43D1-9E3C-B3639EFB4297.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d want one of these if it wasn’t an AARP knife. Their shield, blade etch, and tang stamp are just too much. Where is the subtlety. Get rid of the blade etch and tang stamp with the font that is too large. Then get rid of the letters on the shield and reduce the size of the shield by 50%. Then this one would be perfect.View attachment 1002684
Agreed, except the tang stamp. That stamp doesn't bother me.
But you're correct, it's way too much branding for such a small knife

Back