New 14 run

I’d want one of these if it wasn’t an AARP knife. Their shield, blade etch, and tang stamp are just too much. Where is the subtlety. Get rid of the blade etch and tang stamp with the font that is too large. Then get rid of the letters on the shield and reduce the size of the shield by 50%. Then this one would be perfect.View attachment 1002684
Yeah, that shield is too big. I could live with the rest though.

i dont think they shrunk any of the shields, i dont blame them cause it wouldve been too much work to redo every shield slightly smaller. however some of the shields still work just fine without making the knife funny looking

So I’ve been to the GEC site, and seen the production schedule, and dealer list, but I’m still at a loss as to where the Cripple Creek 14’s will show up. Could someone be so kind to DM me on how I can get my mitts on a double blade Ironwood 14?

Thanks!
~Jim

So I’ve been to the GEC site, and seen the production schedule, and dealer list, but I’m still at a loss as to where the Cripple Creek 14’s will show up. Could someone be so kind to DM me on how I can get my mitts on a double blade Ironwood 14?

Thanks!
~Jim
PM sent.

i dont think they shrunk any of the shields, i dont blame them cause it wouldve been too much work to redo every shield slightly smaller. however some of the shields still work just fine without making the knife funny looking

A couple of the 14 shields were new dies (boots and old man) and are appropriately sized. Of the non downsized shields, prefer the diamond, probably because it's smallest. No shield look works well on these too. Don't see the need for three domed pins and the center pivot to hold a capped cover this small in place. Losing at least one (or all) of the domed pins would make the cover appear larger and the shield appear smaller.

Like the colors and saw cut bone of the AAPK version, but the triple callout makes me pass. Prefer the manufacturer's stamp on the tang.

If the slight halfstop proudness was engineered out, 14s might be pinchable.

A couple of the 14 shields were new dies (boots and old man) and are appropriately sized. Of the non downsized shields, prefer the diamond, probably because it's smallest. No shield look works well on these too. Don't see the need for three domed pins and the center pivot to hold a capped cover this small in place. Losing at least one (or all) of the domed pins would make the cover appear larger and the shield appear smaller.

Like the colors and saw cut bone of the AAPK version, but the triple callout makes me pass. Prefer the manufacturer's stamp on the tang.

If the slight halfstop proudness was engineered out, 14s might be pinchable.

thats why I liked the ebony model so much, no shield. im considering making my own shield actually, a silver cross for it.

Lyle’s does look amazing with that threaded top bolster! I think the top of the herd of CCs will be the stag with the buffalo shield.

Back