New 14 run

I have addressed this in emails some of you guys have sent, but just to be clear I wanted to address here how it's going to work.

The 14 SFOs are launching tomorrow, but if you are on the reserve list, you do not need to worry about the drop unless you want to purchase additional 14s, you will receive your invoice in an email tomorrow. You received the launch email info because you are on the GEC notification list, not instead of being on a reserve list. I apologize for the confusion; please let me know if you have any further questions.

Good question Darren! Always wondered that myself. I will say that it looks as though the strike marks on only two of the cover pins seems to be continued on these #14s, from the last run of Ancients.

Last edited:
My assumption has always been that they use a glue on the nails and you are seeing the mess after installation.
Thank you sir. I heard before that the shields are both pinned and glued so that makes sense.

It may look a grunge mess at first...but the finished item is entirely different :D Very satisfying :thumbsup:

Yes and I do very much like the strike marks on those two pins! Something you just don’t see nowadays.

Speaking of pins, the extra pin (near the bladewell) seems to be a recent addition on GEC 14 & 15 barlows.

IMG_5739.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

Have to say I was a bit surprised to see the clip/pen antique yellow sit available for so long today... thought those would fly off the shelves pretty quick, based on every other single blade model so far.

Have to say I was a bit surprised to see the clip/pen antique yellow sit available for so long today... thought those would fly off the shelves pretty quick, based on every other single blade model so far.

Though I, personally, like the 2-blade variants of the 14s and 15s, I think it is safe to say that a good majority of folks who like those patterns prefer the single blade versions.

Doesn't surprise me too much that they had less of an enthusiastic reception but it should give those of us who prefer the 2 blades some measure of hope.

Though I, personally, like the 2-blade variants of the 14s and 15s, I think it is safe to say that a good majority of folks who like those patterns prefer the single blade versions.

Doesn't surprise me too much that they had less of an enthusiastic reception but it should give those of us who prefer the 2 blades some measure of hope.
There was a time when a knife selling out in under 24 hours was considered "flying off the shelves"...

There was a time when a knife selling out in under 24 hours was considered "flying off the shelves"...
Lol... point well taken! I guess I just meant there were still some available by the time I clicked on the link in my email!

Back