New 14 run

28734024557_2755752826.jpg
I was just saying that the only reason I let my Micarta #15 clip point go is that I really wanted a dark wood and a nice shield with a clip point. Well here it is in a slightly smaller package. I’m down for one.

So cool!

No knife interests me more than a clip+pen GEC 14 Barlow. Wonder if I’ll get the chance...

Well I think you should start by finding out as much as you can from BFs and the internet in general, to get an idea of who the man is first. Search out, like the rest of us have. Look up Farmer Jacks and the Lick Creek #14s of the past, then you’ll know everything that’ll make you worthy! Lol

For the record, I have never bought a knife from Lyle but it shouldn’t be too hard to find him. I do know he’s in the process of starting his own business right now, so give him time to work out all the details. It’s got to be quite taxing, to get all that up and running.

It may not be a Barlow, but if anyone is interested the smooth white bone with clip & pen blade #14 SFO by Lyle Fry then send him an email. Here is the address that I used to contact him and pre-order. Good luck.

wlfry@comcast.net

View attachment 952859

Thanks Travman!

I emailed him. We will see if I get one.

If I do this makes #4 from this run that I’ll be buying.

Too bad they aren’t going with a coping or better yet a small wharncliffe for the secondary. I’d love a caplifter too but I’ve already got clip and pen combo, I turned my 56’s spear into a clip, I had planned on making the pen into a coping but nick position and where the belly starts on mine wouldn’t allow it without looking funny. I just don’t see much point in having two similarly shaped blades on my knives. It works out ok on the 56 as the dogleg pattern allows me to get the tip of the pen down for precise cuts without having to awkwardly bend my wrist. Oh well, I’m already getting one of the sfo’s so this will keep me from spending more money this time around, lol!

Back