New 14 run

Thank you, my friend. @Leslie Tomville told me the same so I will keep a look out on when their SFOs become available. I like the idea of a 2-blade in Desert Ironwood and that Buffalo shield is pretty sweet looking. I usually try to limit myself to just two or three from a release but I might end up with more on this one, a lot of great choices available.

You're most welcome, friend! You and I are on the same wave length--desert ironwood and two-blade. I don't think I could get into a single-blade 14 because of the size, but the extra width of another blade might be interesting to try, and ironwood is my favorite wood, and wood is my favorite cover. I asked SMKW if they did pre-orders or reserves and they said no, so you'll have to hit the timing right.

You're most welcome, friend! You and I are on the same wave length--desert ironwood and two-blade. I don't think I could get into a single-blade 14 because of the size, but the extra width of another blade might be interesting to try, and ironwood is my favorite wood, and wood is my favorite cover. I asked SMKW if they did pre-orders or reserves and they said no, so you'll have to hit the timing right.

It is my hope that with the sheer variety that will be available, there will be plenty to choose from and a bit of time to do so. I remember when the 78s dropped, as long as you were aware of when the different SFOs became available, you stood a good chance of getting one. I only initially missed out on the Ironwood because I hesitated, having money already tied up in other knives. A kind member here made one available to me later on though and all was well.

It is my hope that with the sheer variety that will be available, there will be plenty to choose from and a bit of time to do so. I remember when the 78s dropped, as long as you were aware of when the different SFOs became available, you stood a good chance of getting one. I only initially missed out on the Ironwood because I hesitated, having money already tied up in other knives. A kind member here made one available to me later on though and all was well.

Glad you got one! I didn't pay attention to the 78s at all until I saw the ironwood, but by then they were long gone. I tried an ebony and a cocobolo, but I'm not into the spear main, despite the action being outstanding. However, if an ironwood came along for the right price (an unlikely prospect), I'd probably go for it and make myself like the spear.

Ok, as it stands now, I’m in for 3 of the new #14s coming soon. Barry’s SFO in smooth Autumn bone first, followed by Gary’s Kifer shielded ebony single clip, and last the DLT, in Tortoise acrylic, with a leaf shield.

Ok, as it stands now, I’m in for 3 of the new #14s coming soon. Barry’s Autumn bone first, followed by Gary’s Kifer shielded ebony single clip and last the DLT in Tortoise acrylic, with a leaf shield.

Awesome, Perry!

Although I'm only getting one variant (so far) I'm really excited about this run. I like the Oily Creek Bone with the Old Man shield so much that I reserved 2 of them. There is just something about that knife that leads me to believe it belongs in my pocket. Hope I like it as much as I think I will.

There are others that I would like to have too but I'm trying to avoid volunteering for overtime at work.

Lol, I hear ya, Rick! Havin early retirement has brought me some much enjoyed time to play with pocketknives again. I don’t reckon I’ll be stoppin anytime soon. I’ve decided that if I want it, I’m buyin it! And at current secondary sales prices, I don’t guess it’s gonna hurt me cause “the kids” are falling away from tactical knives and into traditional folders now. So I’ll take all their money 10 years from now. Lol

Does Dtl have an early reservation on the site or do you have to contact them?

I was not planning on that one but it will be number 4 now! The thing is, it’s rare to be able to get in on this many different SFOs all at once!

I’ve never owned any oily creek bone before. I’m judging from the pictures that it looks like,,,,,,oily bone???

I’ve never owned any oily creek bone before. I’m judging from the pictures that it looks like,,,,,,oily bone???

Perry, I had an Oily Creek Bone #14 from the first run and it was very attractive. "Rustic" is the best way I know how to describe it.

I sold it and unfortunately, I delete my pics when I sell a knife but it was a very good looking knife. It does seem to vary in depth based on the pics I've seen. Some are lightly colored and some are dark. I prefer the dark myself but they all look good. It reminds me of Pioneer Bone on steroids.

Ok, well that makes perfect sense, Rick! I own a pioneer bone and like it. All that you’ve said is what I assumed.

Awesome, Perry!

Although I'm only getting one variant (so far) I'm really excited about this run. I like the Oily Creek Bone with the Old Man shield so much that I reserved 2 of them. There is just something about that knife that leads me to believe it belongs in my pocket. Hope I like it as much as I think I will.

There are others that I would like to have too but I'm trying to avoid volunteering for overtime at work.
I'm in on one of oily creek bones too...something about it appeals to me.

Back