New 14 run

Any Jack Knife or single blade looks beer in Barehead in my opinion, and experience...;) size doesn't enter the equation really. Many can argue that the 14 Jack benefits from a second bolster due to heft, reasonable enough. But why saw off all that fine bone, stag, wood, micarta etc? :D

Regards, Will

I bought far too many #14's in 2016, and while I like them, I do find the pattern to be a bit small and don't end up carrying them all that often. That said, I have been looking forward to a clip-point version, so I couldn't pass up on this run entirely. :D

I picked up a Dead Skunk Acrylic what feels like ages ago.

1dtn0F2.jpg

I agree with Will and Mark when it comes to the end caps. I think all these knives would've looked better without them. :rolleyes:

These two arrived today. No end caps here. :cool:

nziiGD9.jpg

(I think it was still shorts-weather when the Dead Skunk arrived; today the temperature is only 4 or 5 degrees higher than the pattern number of these knives, so indoor pictures near a window will have to suffice.)

Here are the new arrivals with a few 2016 Barlows.

9m15AA6.jpg

Barrett, That skunk is Beautiful! What a great pic!:thumbsup: I sure would have loved to picked one of those up.

The end cap on a smaller knife is no different than one on a larger knife because everything is kept proportional.

I can understand the argument that an endcap shortens the length of visible handle material which is the most attractive part. Unfortunately for me, I may be starting to agree with you. The latest run may have been even more attractive w/o the endcaps.

Any Jack Knife or single blade looks beer in Barehead in my opinion, and experience...;) size doesn't enter the equation really. Many can argue that the 14 Jack benefits from a second bolster due to heft, reasonable enough. But why saw off all that fine bone, stag, wood, micarta etc? :D

Regards, Will

I just mean trying to fit 4 pins and a shield in the smaller space on a smaller knife.
Bigger knife= more room.:)

I bought far too many #14's in 2016, and while I like them, I do find the pattern to be a bit small and don't end up carrying them all that often. That said, I have been looking forward to a clip-point version, so I couldn't pass up on this run entirely. :D

I picked up a Dead Skunk Acrylic what feels like ages ago.

1dtn0F2.jpg

I agree with Will and Mark when it comes to the end caps. I think all these knives would've looked better without them. :rolleyes:

These two arrived today. No end caps here. :cool:

nziiGD9.jpg

(I think it was still shorts-weather when the Dead Skunk arrived; today the temperature is only 4 or 5 degrees higher than the pattern number of these knives, so indoor pictures near a window will have to suffice.)

Here are the new arrivals with a few 2016 Barlows.

9m15AA6.jpg
Beautiful DS that is a really nice example :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I actually prefer the end caps on 14s in my opinion :) I like the feel of a little extra weight at the bottom of my grip if that makes sense. Visually, there probably are some 14s with shields that would look pretty good without the end caps.

Thank you Harry! I have to say that of all the #14s issued, this stag CC is far and away my favorite. Yes even more than the Tortoise shell, I know, but it’s just that well done. The Tortoise does run a very close second though.

Last edited:
Back