New 14 run

@Kiro
I gambled and lost on my CC stag as well, only thing going for it are the symmetrical slabs. Kinda bummed about this one but was able to get a decent single blade in stag.

I appreciate your positivity!
I say that because there was a time when I liked the more smooth stag covers, like yours, then within the last year, I switched to a more gnobby look. From what I saw of the factory pics, while in production, there looked to be a shortage of popcorn in the stag covers overall. I was concerned myself. But obviously I couldn’t see them all, just a few.

My TC Barlows arrived today. Really happy with both of these, beautiful knives. CC stag should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a good one.
full

My two favorites are Lyle's and Barry's. Lyle's is the sharpest out of the tube GEC I've owned.

I also took a chance on the CC and feel very fortunate. I would have picked this one if given the choice. Thank you to the member who kindly provided the information that made it possible.
View attachment 1017443
Wow that is a great example! Gorgeous stag on that one. I am waiting on the second batch of stags to be delivered before mine is selected hope I get something even remotely close to that :)

Wow that is a great example! Gorgeous stag on that one. I am waiting on the second batch of stags to be delivered before mine is selected hope I get something even remotely close to that :)
Thank you. Best wishes for you getting the one you want.

I bought far too many #14's in 2016, and while I like them, I do find the pattern to be a bit small and don't end up carrying them all that often. That said, I have been looking forward to a clip-point version, so I couldn't pass up on this run entirely. :D

I picked up a Dead Skunk Acrylic what feels like ages ago.

1dtn0F2.jpg

I agree with Will and Mark when it comes to the end caps. I think all these knives would've looked better without them. :rolleyes:

These two arrived today. No end caps here. :cool:

nziiGD9.jpg

(I think it was still shorts-weather when the Dead Skunk arrived; today the temperature is only 4 or 5 degrees higher than the pattern number of these knives, so indoor pictures near a window will have to suffice.)

Here are the new arrivals with a few 2016 Barlows.

9m15AA6.jpg

Awesome group, Travman Travman ! Love that DLT Snakewood.
But, I am with Will Power Will Power . That dang end cap. :mad: Especially on a small knife! It scrunches everything up.
The bareheads are much more pleasing to my eye.
The end cap on a smaller knife is no different than one on a larger knife because everything is kept proportional.

I can understand the argument that an endcap shortens the length of visible handle material which is the most attractive part. Unfortunately for me, I may be starting to agree with you. The latest run may have been even more attractive w/o the endcaps.

Back