New 14 run

My Ebony Barlow just showed up and it’s perfect. I’ll post a pic when there is better light.

I didn’t submit a request with Frank for my stag, but if I had picked one myself, it would have been what I recieved! I was crossing my fingers, playing the luck of the draw, and I feel like I won . Thanks Frank, and especially Darren for sharing the inside scoop on the CC’s! Pics soon...

~Jim
We wanna see it, Jim! Please show that stag!

As I said earlier, it’s very subjective with stag covers, but do ask Frank! You never know if you don’t ask.

Yeah, sometimes when looking for one thing, you can miss other things. This has happened to me too! With stag covers, there is just too much gray area out there. I agree that a crack is not acceptable.

Sorry to see that I am surprised to be honest. Let him know and send it back I'm sure he will want to make it right.

Well unfortunately I’m very disappointed in this Stag Cripple Creek . Definitely not popcorn stag which I figured my request was to high anyway .But a crack on the show side is unacceptable topped with poor stag imo to boot not even close to matching in color or texture . I think this is one that slipped by him as far as picking me out a nice one :(
This one is going back no doubt and to be honest I’m hestitant even if there’s any left to ask for another .
wacHF1a.jpg

7fFcoRZ.jpg

KWdFfGI.jpg

Are you sure that’s a crack? Most of the ones I’ve seen emanate from a pin. Personally that’s not something I would worry about much..... stag is pretty strong stuff. Bone on the other hand is a different story.

I’m sorry to see you are disappointed. That’s always a bummer. I think the mark side is very nice but the pile isn’t the greatest.

Frank will take care of it. There’s always another crap shoot with the other dealer!

I’m pleased with the one I received. Blind luck of the draw I suppose. I didn’t make any requests, but this one seems to have miniature popcorn on it.

I think this is my favorite of all the 14’s but I have an ironwood coming soon.

2rf6dfd.jpg

289x6pe.jpg

Are you sure that’s a crack? Most of the ones I’ve seen emanate from a pin. Personally that’s not something I would worry about much..... stag is pretty strong stuff. Bone on the other hand is a different story.

I’m sorry to see you are disappointed. That’s always a bummer. I think the mark side is very nice but the pile isn’t the greatest.

Frank will take care of it. There’s always another crap shoot with the other dealer!
It’s definitely a crack as you can feel it with your finger nail and it starts at the end of a groove and proceeds under the end cap. I know what your saying I’ve seen lines before that looks like a crack but isn’t the case with this one unfortunately . For sure the pile side is some weak looking stag and yes the mark or show side is very appealing.
Not for the crack I would of made it a 145 dollars user .
Printed out a shipping label and it’s going back tomorrow.

I’m pleased with the one I received. Blind luck of the draw I suppose. I didn’t make any requests, but this one seems to have miniature popcorn on it.

I think this is my favorite of all the 14’s but I have an ironwood coming soon.

2rf6dfd.jpg

289x6pe.jpg
LoL Congrats on your non requested popcorn stag . Maybe I should of asked for a cracked pile side and weak stag on the mark side instead of popcorn stag.
I think Frank must got yours and mine mixed up . Wanna trade ;) lol
That’ll teach me to ask for a preference on a blind buy .
Live and learn ...
But again congrats on your luck of the draw and hope you Ironwood is as well .

LoL Congrats on your non requested popcorn stag . Maybe I should of asked for a cracked pile side and weak stag on the mark side instead of popcorn stag.
I think Frank must got yours and mine mixed up . Wanna trade ;) lol
That’ll teach me to ask for a preference on a blind buy .
Live and learn ...
But again congrats on your luck of the draw and hope you Ironwood is as well .

This actually made me laugh! Honestly, if you’d seen some of the t***s, ahem.... lemons I’ve bought even seeing pictures you would probably laugh til you cried! I know I just about cried on a few.

Seriously though, it really sucks to get a crummy knife. At least Frank’s a stand up guy.

Stag is so subjective, just asking for a good one is a tough call, especially when most folks are probably asking for a good one. Truth be told, even some of the ones I’ve bought seeing photos of beforehand arrived with a not so great look in person.

Thanks Rachel, I think the 38 was a lot whiter when it arrived and despite not being carried it has darkened to a yellow ivory. But, I could be wrong....;):D

Back