New 14 run

waynorth waynorth in the course of compiling my GEC database, it was hard to ignore the sheer quantities and varieties of your SFOs. I may have already posted some of your overall production stats in my database thread if you were ever curious about that. For example, those 44 unique patterns resulted in 162 unique material variations. So if one was to collect an example of every single Charlie Campagna GEC knife they would need 162 of them :) Total knives that GEC produced for you = 7915 (not including this 14 run).

Got home and collected my mail from the post office today. I had emailed Lyle 2 or 3 times since I reserved his knife in July. His responses were always pleasant and friendly and I can not thank him enough for that (and the knife). Good dayimage.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, what happened to the CC natural micarta? Haven't seen much beyond maybe one or two very early stage pics. It's the only remaining one that might pique my interest. I'll likely stick with the two I have, as they are fantastic little knives.

Here you go akaMatt, GEC just added this today. Should be heading out pretty quick.

full

Got home and collected my mail from the post office today. I had emailed Lyle 2 or 3 times since I reserved his knife in July. He response was always pleasant and friendly and I can not thank him enough for that (and the knife). Good dayView attachment 1015901

Boy did I get a much needed lesson in accounting and got to know the entire Paypal shipping team, still communicating.I don't know who even got tracking notification, unless I sent it personally?

A few mysteries I still haven't solved, just ask Ron .:) ( the right Ron knows)
But all in all I really enjoyed communicating with everyone and their enthusiasm towards the first LCCCo stamped knife. I'm Grin'n

The GEC 14 TC in ebony I ordered from Northwest Knife Company came in today (thanks Gary)!

Gec and Charlie really knocked it out of the park with this one! The fit and finish are phenomenal and it feels wonderful in the hand... It's so interesting to me how wood scales almost have a warmth when you hold them. This is also the best looking ebony I've personally seen on a knife. Nice and dense with a good uniform color. I was a little concerned the knife may be a little too small, but after holding it, I'm no longer concerned. The blade is plenty long for every day tasks and the handle is large enough to be useful. I REALLY like this knife. Outside of the BF TC I picked up on the secondary market, this is my first GEC SFO (but not the last!). :D

Thanks again to Charlie, Gary, and Great Eastern Cutlery!

I used my iPhone for the pics and know nothing about photography, so don't mind the quality.
GMbyaCt.jpg

OYNfFIi.jpg

And a little size comparison of the GEC 14 and GEC 15.
endVAcJ.jpg

DTB2W6a.jpg

Last edited:
I got a surprise when I went to the mailbox today. My stag Cripple Creek from Frank was there. I thought it would be tomorrow at the earliest. It is my first CC ever and I love it. The stag is fantastic, the blades are centered, love the blade etching and unique tang stamps, and the buffalo shield just tops it off. I thought I was done buying the 14's, but after Matt_WY posted the cover with the Canvas Micarta 14, I may not be done yet. I have never had a Micarta knife before. I also see that there is a Desert Ironwood one yet to drop, and I really love my only DI knife, the Whaler, that I have. So, I may have to call him and see if I can get a Micarta and/or Desert Ironwwod one. If any of you hear a loud scream, it will be my wallet! I may have to wait and try to get one off of the exchange.....at least that would put some time in between purchases.
Larry
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I got a surprise when I went to the mailbox today. My stag Cripple Creek from Frank was there. I thought it would be tomorrow at the earliest. It is my first CC ever and I love it. The stag is fantastic, the blades are centered, love the blade etching and unique tang stamps, and the buffalo shield just tops it off. I thought I was done buying the 14's, but after Matt_WY posted the cover with the Canvas Micarta 14, I may not be done yet. I have never had a Micarta knife before. I also see that there is a Desert Ironwood one yet to drop, and I really love my only DI knife, the Whaler, that I have. So, I may have to call him and see if I can get a Micarta and/or Desert Ironwwod one. If any of you hear a loud scream, it will be my wallet! I may have to wait and try to get one off of the exchange.....at least that would put some time in between purchases.
Larry
View attachment 1015990
View attachment 1015991
View attachment 1015988
View attachment 1015989
Congrats on your first CC and it is a nice Stag to boot . I am sure that you are going to enjoy it very much .I hope that you will carry it in a slip .

Harry

I love the handles, the shields, the blade etches, the unique tang stamps, the polished blades, the satin blades, the single blades, the 2-blades, the unique tubes, the different stories, the Tidioute knives, the Northfield knives, the SFO knives, and the regular run knives. To put it simply, I love all of the GEC #14 Boy's Knives!
Larry

Here are my 14's:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back