New 14 run

TCbarlow14pair-1.jpg

Just received my #14 TC in Ebony. It's a real gem and I'm such a sucker for Ebony.
Thanks to Charlie and GEC, it's a wonderful little knife! Now comes the real dilemma...
Save it or carry the crap out of it? I could see this kicking so many knives out of my pocket.
It’s perfect John. Love ebony on a Barlow.

This thread started on July 9th...right about the time I was becoming familiar with the Porch. I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing from first anticipations to the early releases to Frank's to the incredible Cripple Creeks and Lyle's beauty and man those TC's are spectacular! There are still a few more they haven't finished up yet! I'm dying to see the ironwood CC.
I think I will end up acquiring ~12 of them when all is said and done...probably keeping 8-9. There are several I will be keeping an eye out for in the marketplace too...SFOs that I missed out on that I really wish I hadn't (Barry's, Circle A, Olde Towne).
This has been fun I am kinda sad to see the run come to an end! I love seeing all the great photos and everyone's excitement :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, what happened to the CC natural micarta? Haven't seen much beyond maybe one or two very early stage pics. It's the only remaining one that might pique my interest. I'll likely stick with the two I have, as they are fantastic little knives.

Yes, it will be sad to see these end, but the bonus is having been able to score all the ones I wanted, 7 out of the 12 or so SFOs released. I feel very fortunate to have the ones I got and kudos to all the dealers who allowed me to grab them! Probably won’t happen again for me.

Does that include the Barlows, Darren??:rolleyes:

Nice going Perry!!:thumbsup:
Yes sir I believe that is all of them. Your TC Barlow #14 represents the 44th unique GEC SFO pattern you have been responsible for (that I have records of anyway).

Yes sir I believe that is all of them. Your TC Barlow #14 represents the 44th unique GEC SFO pattern you have been responsible for (that I have records of anyway).

The big five oh coming up... That sounds like cause for celebration!

I don't think we'll see another run with this much enthusiasm for a long time. It's been exciting to see the actual knives after months of anticipation.
I really hope we do though. I can't wait for the next run like this one.

Last edited:
I hope as we all get our final 14's in that we could post a family picture, whether it is one or thirty (thanks waverave) of what we acquired. Anyone else think that might be cool?:) Getting a stag CC from Frank will have me finished out.
Larry

I thought the 78 run was outstanding (granted I’m new to the hobby/obsession) but the 14s have been more impressive in sheer numbers and options.

Next up should be sheepfoot blades, does anyone think we'll get mini Crown Lifters or Beer Scouts? Will we have to wait till 2020? Longer?

I wonder what the hold up is on the last CCs?

I did some whittling with my 14 antique yella last night, what a great little knife!

Back