NEW 4.7 Thread

Since this is a new 4.7 thread and some among us are/were (perhaps) expecting to order a F-2nd 4.7 today: Monday 5/30, I just looked up Survive! site again and Ellie has not updated that page. It does not look too promising for today. Maybe both good and bad, good because this will not further irritate those on the 4.7 long waiting list.

Was hoping for a chance today, maybe next week if I have any money left after Blade next weekend.
I could get by with a 4.7 for my elk hunt this fall, it looks like it could fill the role until my GSO-6s come in.

OT and regarding GB axe: I am not too enthused with the Wildlife hatchet. I find it too short in the handle thus I prefer the longer GB Small Forest axe. Problem is that that sucker is on backorder through many GB dealer websites. Of course you can find them on eBay but I don't want to buy one that ends up being an improperly hung GB reject. Also, I don't want to pay 50% premium on those either. Case in point, if any of you fellas are near a retailer and happen to see a good one there (please don't go out of your way) i am willing to send you PP cash + Priority Mail shipping + some extra for your trouble (does $20-$25 on top sounds fair?). I know most of you don't need the $ but it's just a token of my appreciation. Thank you :thumbup:

Boundrywaterscatalog dot com,,,,, I believe they're in stock right now :D
It's where I got mine

OBX- in the pics of the 4.7 vs the 5.1, is it the angle of the picture or is the 4.7 handle more contoured(in the diameter) then the 5.1?

The new contouring looks amazing and well thought out!

Was hoping for a chance today, maybe next week if I have any money left after Blade next weekend.
I could get by with a 4.7 for my elk hunt this fall, it looks like it could fill the role until my GSO-6s come in.

check again, youll have a chance

4729cf20af3f03268cb0051c18b1c3ca.jpg

Love the new 4.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sexy! I'm sold, next monday they get another $200 of my cash if I get lucky!

Ive looked a couple times, nothing today... Did they say they would put some up today?

Have I not been paying attention,, I didn't know CPM154 was ever an option?!
72a8ac5a56cf0e178c07611a24dd4a84.jpg

Boundrywaterscatalog dot com,,,,, I believe they're in stock right now :D
It's where I got mine

Oh thanks RCB, you crafty Dire Wolfe! I will go on that site right now. I've been waiting for Grand Forest Axe to get back to me.

Whatever you do, in order to increase your chances don't keep changing options! The sale being today on Memorial Monday at 7 PM PDT may increase your chances of scoring one, or it may not! You may not score one if you go for the popular handles like Jade Ghost G10 (just guessing) maybe go for a Camo canvas or natural brown canvas and then Click, Click; Boom and you'll be a proud future GSO 4.7 owner!

OBX- in the pics of the 4.7 vs the 5.1, is it the angle of the picture or is the 4.7 handle more contoured(in the diameter) then the 5.1?

The new contouring looks amazing and well thought out!

Yes the 4.7 is more contoured.

Back