NEW 4.7 Thread

OBX351, it also took me a pretty long time to get my first one and I may have to talk to Silver about getting a number. Do they have to go in order, or can I pick any number not yet taken? And so far I've only cut paper and arm hair but I will post some pics in the future.

I had planned on the CPM 154 4.7 being my knife to take on vacation when I'll be near sea water, but now I like it too much and don't think it's worth possibly getting confiscated entering another country. I guess I'm brining a cheap Mora.

No I don't think you have to get a number in order, mine comes from my numbered 5.1. Grab some wood and start a post to share your experiences with your knife, then reach out to Silver. I started with some left over wood, a pine hand rail and now I buy it on a regular basis and whittle and carve every week.

Not a bad idea with international travel. The other way you can do it is to ship and insure it both ways.

HK, I never noticed that little button with the exclamation point until I went looking for that report button you mentioned.
Thanks!

HK, I never noticed that little button with the exclamation point until I went looking for that report button you mentioned.
Thanks!

You betcha bud! I really appreciate knarfeng taking care of business last night :thumbup:

No... I can take that refund and buy knives from a Marine veteran at Medford Knives(much better quality). First mistake I made was giving money to a convicted felon(Guy) that just filed for bankruptcy not too long ago. that should have been a sign right there that all this company promotes is Fanatics watching paint dry while they wait for their production knives to ship.

Hahaha who cares. If all I had to do was come on here and be mad I would pick a different hobby. Convicted felon or not, bankruptcy or not we are still going to buy his knives because we like them and they are high quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice set up River Runner!
I'm also interested to know where you got the firesteel loop from.

That looks so good!

Who makes that belt attachment? What about the firesteel loop?
What brand is the firesteel?

Good stuff!

Firesteel loop is from an ebay vendor…. $10
beltloop is a Sagewood system…. the no dangler option
firesteel is from Sagewood

That's a nice setup for sure. I like how the firesteel is in line with the sheath, less chance of snagging on stuff than hanging out to the side like mine.

If yours is similar... just flip it inwards.

I could have clarified that better. In my mind, I was picturing a setup for a non-S!K that I had built that is a little different. It wouldn't work to flip that one, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind, especially for these sheaths with the slots :thumbup:

I got out to test out my 4.7 a little over the weekend and initial impressions are I like it a lot! I think it's a great smaller survival type knife, I chopped through a 2 inch dead branch and it seemed to chop as good as my Esee 6, maybe better. I chopped a 3 inch deep hole in the ice, did some feather sticking and sharpened a few sticks into spears. Ergonomics are very nice, this is my new favorite knife. I would like to do some food prep but I probably won't have time to cook anything until after I get back from vacation in March. My only complaint, and I'm just nit picking here, but I would have liked if the area behind the sharpening choil was just a tad higher, it sits perfectly flush on a cutting board for food prep now, but after repeated sharpening it will leave a gap after edge steel is ground away. I may try to modify this after it happens. Overall this is an amazing piece of steel and it comes with a really great sheath, perfect level of retention and absolutely no rattle. I also plan on making a leather drop loop in the near future. Here are some pics.
27kySLo.jpg
[/IMG]
hfvWrrI.jpg
[/IMG]
UDCQ8nJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
:thumbup:

Yes! Black micarta looks so great. Glad you love it! Not a bad initial workout for that blade. I do understand what you mean about the blade and guard height in relation to a cutting board.

It looks like you got out to a really nice area, beautiful!

I love micarta! Not quite as pretty as g10 but you can't beat a material that actually improves its grip when wet. It is a nice walking trail next to my apt and even when the weathers perfect, I rarely see more than one other person, if anyone at all. And there's always some dead wood to chop or cut :thumbup:

I got out to test out my 4.7 a little over the weekend........Here are some pics..........

Textured black canvas and tumbled fasteners look so good! The first 4.7 I was able to get my hands on is that same combo, although I have no pictures anywhere that good of it. Thanks for posting those.

:thumbup: more to come as the weather gets nicer and my other orders come in. Really looking forward to the 4.1! And the 8, but I'm trying not to think about that one too much.

While others are enjoying and posting about their 4.7, I'm here hoping I will get a shipping notice soon.
The wait is torturous yet worth it... Sometimes I wonder, are we masochists? LOL

Back