New Becker Handle

Heey GUys...

The new Micarta slabs will be three dimensionally indistinguishable from the Grivory handles...NO excuses for not buying early and often.......

All Best....

ethan

I think Mr. Becker*said around the time of the Blade show, if I'm not mistaken. I'm chomping at the bit, too, especially for the handles for the Necker.

As an aside, we've seen pictures of the upcoming full size Micarta scales, but I've yet to see a picture of the scales for the Necker. Any chance of posting those?

"When and where are these going to be available?"

EDIT:
OK, so I should read every page of the thread before I ask this question again...:eek:

I'd like to get Bloodwood handles for my Camilus BK9 when they become available :thumbup::)

Last edited:
You're right, but it rarely hurts to ask.
You're absolutely right. They may come out sooner and without asking, how would we know. I did remember to ask about pictures of handles for the Necker, though. In my old age, with incipient senility and all, it's good that I can remember even one thing a day. :D

Awesome, I love the Micarta scales. And hmm, what's this, scales for the necker? That is great news!

Awesome, I love the Micarta scales. And hmm, what's this, scales for the necker? That is great news!

Yep! Scales for the Necker are coming, but I don't know when. Presumably around the same time as the Micarta scales for the other knives.

We still don't know what they'll look like though. I was hoping that Mr. Becker*(or someone) would post some pics of the prototypes and give a little more information. How big will they be? Will they cover the bottle opener? Will they extend the handle a little (which I think would be great)?

More info, please: expiring minds want to know.

Bob Dawson

Are Becker knifes going to be available with micarta as the factory handle or is it only going to be offered as an accessory?
I'm asking because I want to purchase a BK2 and I don't want Grivory if I can just wait a few weeks and buy it with micarta.
Any info would be appreciated.

Are Becker knifes going to be available with micarta as the factory handle or is it only going to be offered as an accessory?
I'm asking because I want to purchase a BK2 and I don't want Grivory if I can just wait a few weeks and buy it with micarta.
Any info would be appreciated.

I'm with you. Just about ready to push the button when I ran across this thread.

I will be buying the BK2 specifically as a hard use knife for my back packing. Since I have found micarta to be impervious (or at least highly resistant) to just about any kind of wear, this is an interesting option. I only need one hard use knife, and only want to buy once.

So I second that... any information would be highly appreciated!

Robert

The grivory handles impervious to any kind of wear too. I think you will like them too.

And you wont have to buy another hard use Knife. the BK2 is AWESOME!

The grivory handles impervious to any kind of wear too. I think you will like them too.
And you wont have to buy another hard use Knife. the BK2 is AWESOME!
I'm sure the grivory is a very capable handle material, I just have a preference for micarta. Actually, grivory seemed fine until this thread showed all the incredible looking micarta panels on Becker knifes.;)

Are these custom slabs or are they factory options.

They look outstanding! I need to outfit some Becker's with them

Tom

Hey Tom, I asked the same question on page one. The OP gave this reply: "Those handles are options of what are availible for Ethan's choosing." When Ethan picks the options he likes (looks like he's chosen micarta for sure) they will be available through KA BAR according to the first post on page 2.

+++1 on the orange g10! I recently purchased on ebay some green micarta slabs for my camillus bk-7 and it feels great. orange g-10 would be nice on the other (unused) bk-7.

I'll need about 18 sets... :eek:

Desert Ironwood (I can dream...)
Cocobolo
Maple

Green Micarta
Orange G10 :thumbup:
Carbon Fiber Scales for the Necker...

Hmmm... Hey Ethan, would Balsa Wood scales make the Necker float??? :D

Back