New Becker Handle

Micarta is designed to restist to mold and mildrew, remember the stock of AK 47 is made of a material very similar to Micarta - wooden chips and phenolic resin - just FYI

Are you thinking of like In the Old Bake-O-Lite Red ? I think Bake-O-Lite was prone to chipping ? I think the New Chech Made VZ Model Is made of Bake-O-Lite, Maybe some of the new Tapco AK Stock's maybe ? I like the Steel on my Yugoslavian UnderFolder ! I just might give that Micarta a try If my Grivory Scale's give out on me !

2ypg6zl.jpg

It just aint right showing the Combat Combo with the TrailMaster Bowie, This one look's Much Better,

2ccufpf.jpg

Micarta is some very tough stuff. Id not hesitate to use it in the worst of conditions, and I have used it roughly. I like that it gets grippier when wet.

Maybe I'll give the Micarta a Try ? I like the fact It come's In a wide variety of Color's, I think the Natural Canvas & Coyote Tan are my Favorite's, I'll have to check out the price on the Micarta Scale's, But I do like the Stock Grivory scale's on my BK7 ! It just feel's Great In my Hand !

Last edited:
The first is bloodwood and the second is walnut.

Wooo-Wee ! Them Wood Scale's are In one Word "BEAUTIFUL !" That BloodWood Is Very Nice, After setten back and thinking about It I think I'm likeing these New Scale's for the Becker Ka-Bar Knive's, I'm In Now !

I've been seeing Micarta & Wood Scale's for Becker Knive's on E-Bay, Are these the Handle's or are the one's on E-Bay from another Company/Maker ?

is there going to be black micarta? I love the original handles in grivory but...not enough texture for my tastes, micarta where are you?

Back