New Bento Box Exclusive?

A friend of mine picked up a factory second in K390 for $85. I had some choice words, then offered to buy it off of him for more than he paid. He declined, which sent me to BBS :(

Sounds about right, mine was $84! :eek: :cool: I also got a BBS-exclusive PM2 in blue G10 with black DLC M390 blade for $95... :D

Here's my K390:

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

I'm a little surprised. The K390 took a heavier patina than any other non-stainless I have in a PM2 except 52100. Much heavier than Rex45 (the next closest), M4, Cruwear, Maxamet...

My mini-review of the K390 PM2 so far @Blues : I love it! :D ;)

I'm a little surprised. The K390 took a heavier patina than any other non-stainless I have in a PM2 except 52100. Much heavier than Rex45 (the next closest), M4, Cruwear, Maxamet...

I threw a yellow mustard patina on my K390 Mule and it's DARK. I'm debating on just letting my PM2 develop naturally.

I threw a yellow mustard patina on my K390 Mule and it's DARK. I'm debating on just letting my PM2 develop naturally.

I used yellow mustard as well. Initially, it wasn't terribly dark, but over the following 3 days, it continued to get darker. I was a little surprised.

I put my police 4 k390 blade in vinegar for a while and then put yellow mustard on it. It has then been darkish. BTW today I put ~14 dps on it. It nowslices toilet paper with ease.

Going to finally pick up a BB K390 - color + steel is a great combo and I am hearing good things overall

I have the BBS K390 pm2 and to say I like it is an understatement. (Love it actually)

So I guess I might have to buy the para3 as a Christmas present to myself.

zoL12G5.jpg
do the K390 scales look bigger than the elmax scales?

Just got mine. Fit and finish are nice. The scales look more brown than ranger green to me. I was actually really surprised how brown they appear in person.

I have one en route. Cypress Cypress has been selling me on K390 for a while now. Recently I've gotten into carbon steels in kitchen knives and think K390 might be the way to go for a folder.

Back