New BentoBoxShop M390 Delica

Why a store like BBS still exists/survives is beyond me. All its knives are overpriced and on top of that is the insane $15 shipping fee. Why Spyderco gives so many good dealer exclusives to BBS is also equally baffling to me.

The store exists on a server. The owner probably has a spare bedroom full of knife boxes. Probably drives to the post office to ship boxes. His terms of service scares off the problem children. He gets a nice deduction for home office space on his taxes. Trips to things like knife and gun shows are a business write off.

He's a licensed Flipper, and he doesn't have to spend money on a personal knife collection. Exclusive knife run income, just an added bonus.

The question is: why aren't we all doing this ?

Last edited:
The store exists on a server. The owner probably has a spare bedroom full of knife boxes. Probably drives to the post office to ship boxes. His terms of service scares off the problem children. He gets a nice deduction for home office space on his taxes. Trips to things like knife and gun shows are a business write off.

He's a licensed Flipper, and he doesn't have to spend money on a personal knife collection. Exclusive knife run income, just an added bonus.

The question is: why aren't we all doing this ?
+1 (what shunsui said) and Supply vs Demand = why BBS exists

Because the competition isn't offering the knives they offer. I would gladly purchase from a different vendor if they carried the knives I wanted - but they don't. Paying a little more in shipping to get exactly what I want is worth it, to me. I bought a m390 PM2 from them because they're the only store that offers it, and I love the blue/black DLC combo. This delica is one I'm debating now, and I don't see it available anywhere else.

It also helps keep the scalpers at bay. I didn't decide to get a k390 Para 2 until right before Christmas. It was nice they were still available and was well worth what I paid. So much so that I bought a back up.

Looks like they now have free shipping when you purchase $100.

tHCoqA5.jpg

New favorite Delica
Mxg gear deep carry clip
Pictures don't do the blue justice
Clip info? I think my knifejoy endura needs one.

Back