New BentoBoxShop M390 Delica

Thanks.
Isn't PayPal evil now ? Hasn't this community found PayPal to be lacking ?
I've only used PayPal once in my life and that was to pay for my Para2 in M4 because I had to.
I'd prefer to just use my Debit card.
WTH (heck) ?
I haven't had any problems with PayPal. I do alot on eBay so that's always the preferred method there. Plus for security reasons id rather use PayPal then but my card information on a ton of different companies servers. You hear all the time of people hacking company servers and stealing credit card information. So I like having PayPal as a middle man.

tHCoqA5.jpg

New favorite Delica
Mxg gear deep carry clip
Pictures don't do the blue justice

I'm planning a trip up to the Factory Outlet tomorrow and will be toting mine along to show off. :)

The Spyderco store site is showing a lot of what I wanted to check out to be "out of stock" so that is kind of a bummer. I was hoping to fondle a Drunken and a Paysan.

I got mine in today and I'm loving the dark blue. It came in very sharp! I touched it up on my Spyderco fine and ultra-fine stones to refine the edge a bit more.

Of course I had to sell my light blue delica 4 first so I wouldn't feel bad about this purchase lol

Last edited:
BB shipping is insane.

The shipping is stupid insane. I emailed them and asked them why. They said “handling”. I asked them why I have to pay their employees to handle my knife since they are already being paid by BBS....No reply

Their shipping is a SCAM

I want their lil matriarch, but I refuse to pay $16 shipping for it.

Reactions: AF
For sure there shipping is double what it should be. But at least they ship faster now. Just got my latest Blue pm2 M390 and they shipped the next day and I bought on a Sunday if my memory serves me correctly. The same with my previous buy from them. I remember when they use to ship 3 days later and that really ticked me off paying a premium on shipping with such a delay.
But again they’ve got so much faster and they sent me a perfect example pm2 so couldn't be happier .

For sure there shipping is double what it should be. But at least they ship faster now. Just got my latest Blue pm2 M390 and they shipped the next day and I bought on a Sunday if my memory serves me correctly. The same with my previous buy from them. I remember when they use to ship 3 days later and that really ticked me off paying a premium on shipping with such a delay.
But again they’ve got so much faster and they sent me a perfect example pm2 so couldn't be happier .

I’m glad you have had a good experience. But places like GPKNIVES, Knifecenter, BladeHQ and many many others offer free shipping. This place still rapes you on shipping.

I’m glad you have had a good experience. But places like GPKNIVES, Knifecenter, BladeHQ and many many others offer free shipping. This place still rapes you on shipping.
Thank you and It’s not rape if you except it ;)
The alternative is just don’t buy from them. It won’t do any good complaining about it unless it makes you feel better. Bento box has been in business for many years and highly doubt there going to change there shipping rates.

Why a store like BBS still exists/survives is beyond me. All its knives are overpriced and on top of that is the insane $15 shipping fee. Why Spyderco gives so many good dealer exclusives to BBS is also equally baffling to me.

Sadly my favorite color is blue, and BBS seems to have the franchise on blue. DLT is#1, for me, knifeworks, knifecenter, gpknives, ye old cutlery shop, have done good as well. Bladehq has the goods, but they don’t seem to be in any hurry to ship items. BBS at least is shipping fairly quickly now. Just one persons experience others mileage may vary.

Why a store like BBS still exists/survives is beyond me. All its knives are overpriced and on top of that is the insane $15 shipping fee. Why Spyderco gives so many good dealer exclusives to BBS is also equally baffling to me.
I dunno can’t really understand why folks will pay 100’s of dollars on a knife and then complain about a 7.50 cent increase in shipping ?
To each it’s own but that’s what’s baffling to me ;)

I dunno can’t really understand why folks will pay 100’s of dollars on a knife and then complain about a 7.50 cent increase in shipping ?
To each it’s own but that’s what’s baffling to me ;)

I get what you are saying. But it’s the same thing as a destination fee on a vehicle you buy. Or doc fees. It’s the principle of the matter....Why are we paying for “handling” when BBS already pays their employees a wage.....AND many online retailers of knives offer points and free shipping. The only time it bothers me is when there is a specific knife not offer elsewhere like the lil matriarch. Otherwise by all means compete with the free market. I have no clue how they have survived.....but out of principle of the matter, I refuse to pay $7.50 for “handling” to pay their employees for handling my knife when a competitor ships the same knife for free and the knife is the same price.

I get what you are saying. But it’s the same thing as a destination fee on a vehicle you buy. Or doc fees. It’s the principle of the matter....Why are we paying for “handling” when BBS already pays their employees a wage.....AND many online retailers of knives offer points and free shipping. The only time it bothers me is when there is a specific knife not offer elsewhere like the lil matriarch. Otherwise by all means compete with the free market. I have no clue how they have survived.....but out of principle of the matter, I refuse to pay $7.50 for “handling” to pay their employees for handling my knife when a competitor ships the same knife for free and the knife is the same price.
I felt the same way originally but now have excepted the additional shipping /handling fee . If they have the knife I want I’m willing to pay the extra fee .
Same as if I see a knife I want that’s being flipped on the sales forum here .
If I want it I’ll pay the premium and the same goes when I sell a knife that might be in demand sometimes I’ll ask a premium. As long as I’m happy with my purchase and or if I’m selling and the buyer is happy that’s all that matters to me.In the end that’s all that’s matters imo and if a dealer is getting a premium on there knives and shipping fees more power to them. For those that don’t want to pay the premium I totally understand and there antidote should be just don’t buy from them and everyone’s happy :)

I’ve only bought two knives from BBS yes because of the higher shipping & handling cost.

That said I really wanted the blue M390 Para 2 &3 so bit my tongue just paid it. I still go else where when I can normally DLT, KnifeWorks or KSF given they have the product.

I routinely pay for expedited shipping (often more than what BBS charges) because I'm a man child and want my toys yesterday. It is what it is. I completely understand people refusing to buy from BBS, but Spyderco doesn't "give" BBS any exclusives. They're all requested by dealers and distributors (i.e. it's a BBS combo, not Spyderco). Anyone sore enough about BBS can become a dealer, front a run of exclusives and charge $0 shipping if they wanted to balance the universe :)

Because the competition isn't offering the knives they offer. I would gladly purchase from a different vendor if they carried the knives I wanted - but they don't. Paying a little more in shipping to get exactly what I want is worth it, to me. I bought a m390 PM2 from them because they're the only store that offers it, and I love the blue/black DLC combo. This delica is one I'm debating now, and I don't see it available anywhere else.

Back