New Busse Kukri

I'm trying to add a LB type fuller atm... Do you think it should also have jimping on the thumb ramp and a choil? The other KZ's have the unsharpened part in front of the talon hole that you can choke up on. What ya think?

Last edited:
I've been wanting a ttkz with a nuclear spine. If jerry brings it I will have to make my check book ready :D

Balance is the key to performance ... not overall weight ... a weight forward balance as used on the Basic series can give comparable chopping ability to heavier more neutral baldes ... the Basic 11 is on par with my flat ground FBM LE and the BWM LE ... weight is a lot less ... you also don't need hugely thick blades for performance if the blade has an appleseed shape with a tapered thickness that enables the knife to bite deep but still extract easily. Too thick acts as an obstacle in my experience once you go past an optimum. Just my experience ... but I have tried all types and modified many knives to gain performance ... the khukri works well because the deep chopping part of the blade has an oppertunity to have a very gradual increase in thickness ... this pushes the wood aside more efficiently in a chopping role ... like comparing a VLD bullet to a FMJ bullet ... if that analogy helps ...

I miss my FBMLE. That sucker could bite deep and make real clean cuts. Of course, I did a super polished convex on it, which combined with the full flat grind to a reasonably thin edge made it a beast. It had more of a tendency to stick in a cut though. It was too heavy for branch thinning though.

If I had to pick a knife to chop all day with, the B11 would be it (I think the 1311 might be the most genius design to come out of any of the shops in a long time. I sure wish I could have justified buying one, what with owing a B11 and KZII already).

I think a KZ with a basic handle would bring me out of my large blade buying "retirement"!

To be sure, though, it needs a thinner grind than some of the versions.

image_zps195fb7d7.jpg

A little wacked but ya get some idea as to the look.

1- TTKZ
2- KZ2 Blade / TTKZ Handle
3- TTKZ Blade / KZ2 Handle
4- KZ2

I'll take #2.

Grail knives for me as well. I like #1 and #2, perhaps a pair of each? Satin with Tequila please....

I want a Busse offered Kukri so bad, I will give my CC number below for a deposit! Please make it happen Busse!

4450 2230 4458 5043 6/14

Back