New Collaboration with JK Knives

LETS GET IT ONNNNNNNN! I told my mother in law about this knife and the background, showed her pics and all that. Mainly cause she was gonna be getting the mail. So I come home and the knife is outta it's packaging in just the plastic bag you put it in and she's ready to use it to make lunch.....wtf.....b4 I even seen it. She said "ever since you showed me the pics I wanted to use it in the kitchen". Lol So it will definitely see kitchen duty lol. It hasn't been used but it feels great and looks awesome.......my son loves it too..... He wanted his 2 new hotwheels I brought home in the pic. (Adam west west bat mobile and custom Chevy)
View attachment 1233400
View attachment 1233401
Thats awesome!

LETS GET IT ONNNNNNNN! I told my mother in law about this knife and the background, showed her pics and all that. Mainly cause she was gonna be getting the mail. So I come home and the knife is outta it's packaging in just the plastic bag you put it in and she's ready to use it to make lunch.....wtf.....b4 I even seen it. She said "ever since you showed me the pics I wanted to use it in the kitchen". Lol So it will definitely see kitchen duty lol. It hasn't been used but it feels great and looks awesome.......my son loves it too..... He wanted his 2 new hotwheels I brought home in the pic. (Adam west west bat mobile and custom Chevy)
View attachment 1233400
View attachment 1233401

Tell her to have it at. If your mother-in-law likes it, won't it be easier to convince your spouse you should get one ;)? I bet it would make a great gift for your mother-in-law. I can take pre-orders, I'll mark you down for two right now if you want :D.

You can also remind her that I'll keep it sharp for her too, when the need arises.

bikerector bikerector , made a makeshift dangler that unravles into a necklace for options on carry and threw a lanyard on there for my ease of drawl out of the sheath (retention is amazing) and a pinky rest for my mits. All can be quickly cut off if the next guy wants me to or he can cut it off and mail it to me stuck in a dog turd for all I care.:p:D. oh my fiance said " you can tell bike...... whatever his name is I said thanks for making you useless for the rest of the night":D:D:D.....no your fault I was useless b4 this.:cool::D
IMG_20191116_190600.jpg IMG_20191116_190521.jpg

P.S. you may or may not see your sheath again, I really like it. For that matter....." Bikerector my mail never showed up, I think the knife might be lost" that's some real bad luck.:(:oops::oops::p guess I should erase all my pics first:confused::D

Ok enough of my bullshit. What steel did you choose and what's the handle material on this beast?

bikerector bikerector , made a makeshift dangler that unravles into a necklace for options on carry and threw a lanyard on there for my ease of drawl out of the sheath (retention is amazing) and a pinky rest for my mits. All can be quickly cut off if the next guy wants me to or he can cut it off and mail it to me stuck in a dog turd for all I care.:p:D. oh my fiance said " you can tell bike...... whatever his name is I said thanks for making you useless for the rest of the night":D:D:D.....no your fault I was useless b4 this.:cool::D
View attachment 1233509 View attachment 1233508

P.S. you may or may not see your sheath again, I really like it. For that matter....." Bikerector my mail never showed up, I think the knife might be lost" that's some real bad luck.:(:oops::oops::p guess I should erase all my pics first:confused::D

Ok enough of my bullshit. What steel did you choose and what's the handle material on this beast?
O1 steel, and osage handles.

O1 steel, and osage handles.

Thank you sir. I've been on this forum a few years and have seen your knives mentioned and in pics, all with stellar feedback but I can say I've never had the opportunity to actually handle one........ Amazing job my friend. With this being a proto it doesn't take any imagination to see any finished product you put out will be top notch. Thanks for letting me be the first to give this a run.

View attachment 1233509 View attachment 1233508

I like what you did to the sheath. For the record, that is a pocket/neck sheath from collectorknives, a pretty good guy and retailer for traditional knives. They won't be offering more once they sell out. The pocket slip that will be available for these, made by John's brother I believe, is made from thicker leather and has a lot more retention, easily rivaling kydex. Worldwatcher Worldwatcher has that one as that's what the sick nasty is contained in. No water forming needed.

For steel, we're sticking with 3/32" O1 tool steel. It's roughly an upgraded 1095. The standard handles will be black micarta, but the 2 pocket woodcrafters I had made for prototypes are osage orange wood as I will likely gift one and I wanted one to keep for my personal knife. I was actually surprised how much I liked the scandivex one that you have, as I tend to like saber grinds most of the time.

The plan is to keep stock of the black micarta models and if people want something with a customized handle, we contact John and see where he's at with his production schedule and work out a custom that way. It would be a lot more like ordering from him with the wait list and all that, but you get a lot more options for customization. I plan to keep the models I design on hand as best as possible. Black micarta has traditional been the most popular which is why we chose that as the material for the in-stock configuration.

I like what you did to the sheath. For the record, that is a pocket/neck sheath from collectorknives, a pretty good guy and retailer for traditional knives. They won't be offering more once they sell out. The pocket slip that will be available for these, made by John's brother I believe, is made from thicker leather and has a lot more retention, easily rivaling kydex. Worldwatcher Worldwatcher has that one as that's what the sick nasty is contained in. No water forming needed.

For steel, we're sticking with 3/32" O1 tool steel. It's roughly an upgraded 1095. The standard handles will be black micarta, but the 2 pocket woodcrafters I had made for prototypes are osage orange wood as I will likely gift one and I wanted one to keep for my personal knife. I was actually surprised how much I liked the scandivex one that you have, as I tend to like saber grinds most of the time.

The plan is to keep stock of the black micarta models and if people want something with a customized handle, we contact John and see where he's at with his production schedule and work out a custom that way. It would be a lot more like ordering from him with the wait list and all that, but you get a lot more options for customization. I plan to keep the models I design on hand as best as possible. Black micarta has traditional been the most popular which is why we chose that as the material for the in-stock configuration.
Yes the sheath for sick nasty is really beefy! Very well made

You guys did a great job with this knife. I like the sheath. I was just fooling around with it tonight. I kinda figured it was made for neck carry and that's what it started out as but it's to bulky for discreet under the shirt carry, perfect for over the shirt woods carry . So then it evolved into a Paracord dangler that can be quickly untied for neck carry...... So far so good but it only cut some cardboard tonight:
IMG_20191116_224347.jpg IMG_20191116_224640.jpg

Had some fun drawing this evening after the boy went to bed.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, kind of just a fun one. "Fat Ninja?" Drank too many beers and gave himself a big belly :cool:

aZUsYi4l.jpg

John makes wonderful knives... this is a custom design that John made at my request. Incredibly stout design. You could probably break out of a prison cell with this thing! 3/16" stock. ;) If you HAD to pry with it, you certainly could!

49077538857_63b153e95d_o.png

Riverwoods Companion blade shape, with the handle shape of the Scout Jr.
7" overall length, 3" blade length, full flat ground blade
3/16" thick stock (HD Heavy Duty), black canvas micarta scales, red liners, and hollow SS pins.

Last edited:
John makes wonderful knives... this is a custom design that John made at my request. Incredibly stout design. You could probably break out of a prison cell with this thing! 3/16" stock. ;) If you HAD to pry with it, you certainly could!

3/16" thick stock (HD Heavy Duty), black canvas micarta scales, red liners, and hollow SS pins.
That was some time ago!

Very good! I've been thinking something like that would be really neat as a "car getter outer" type of thing, after reading about a guy that flipped his truck on some dunes and batoned his way out with a swamp rat (can't remember the model, it was much bigger).

I'm generally not a fan of thick knives, especially in small blades, but there have been times when I want to do something non-knife related and having a knife I can pry with or just be stupid with would be nice. I mean, they still cut, just not as great. I think in some situations, you don't care how well it cuts, just that it does cut and stands up to the situation you are about to unfold upon it. I even think a 3/16" EO1 hunter could be pretty sweet for a mass amount of bludgonary. The 1/8" is no slouch either, for that matter.

It's been a busy week behind the scenes. I've been putting together my basement workshop so I can work in the house without waking the kid and Momma can park her car in the garage for the winter. Put up one more work bench and have been organizing the tools needed for sharpening, sketching, and prototyping. I'm about 1/2 way through the 5" big hand French Trade/big sloyd knife. I have the wooden blade cut and carved and one handle scale cut. I'm looking at getting a scroll saw to make this easier for me, along with just general crafts that I like to do from time to time with scavenged wood I drag out from deadfall and blown over trees.

I should have the wooden model carved up in the next few days, and I'll probably glue this up so I can play with it in hand and hand around the office for some input. I will need to send it off to some knife users to get their impressions on whether it works with their bigger hand size as well. So far, it feels big but good. I'm looking forward to adding a few grip features, like thumb scallops but a little different (vertical vs horizontal) and thinning things out where it makes sense. There are just some things that are easier to do in real life 3D that I'm not able to do with sketches.

If this goes well, I'm aiming at this one being my next model and prototype to have made by John in late winter and hopefully a full-release within the next month or two (around April/May). I still need to figure out what blade length will work well as most-purpose slicer with a very agile tip (the knife will be pretty handle heavy since it's big).

very cool design!

Got prototype C on its way to Deinos Deinos . Idk if we're supposed to put our thoughts up here when were done but because mine are all good I'ma do it anyway and IDC what you say.:p:D:D. This is basically the same email I sent rector... Handle was good for my big hands and once I added a lanyard it gave my pinky a place to rest it was perfect. Like I said I have big mits and I was comfortable. The blade was a good size for most everyday tasks. The only issue I ran into was it wasn't long enough to cut a block of cheese lol. It performed flawlessly on everything else. The blade steel preformed great. I used it for basic every day tasks like opening boxes, cutting down cardboard and some food prep and it did not get noticeably duller. I am also a sweaty person and did not notice an ounce of corrosion. Before it left my care I gave it a few strokes on my half ass ceramic rod and a polishing with mother's mag and aluminum polish which I use on all my knives and works great.

Required pics:
IMG_20191117_205623.jpg IMG_20191117_205644.jpg

And as stated before, anything I attached to the knife or sheath can be easily removed. What worked for me might not work for you. I left the dangler on there be it can be untied and worn around your neck with out any work.....or cut it all off and trash it.:D:D:D

Back