New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

a couple more ...
View attachment 1046961
View attachment 1046962

there hopefully those will hold you over until you get yours.

Oh man. You had me at drum roll!

Yeah. That totally helps. Im very excited for future customizing options on it. I am actually looking at the exact textured battle blue Ti scale. I just can't afford it at the moment.

Or perhaps black titanium and hardware.

Or I leave the darn thing alone .We will see.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh man. You had me at drum roll!

Yeah. That totally helps. Im very excited for future customizing options on it. I am actually looking at the exact textured battle blue Ti scale. I just can't afford it at the moment.

Or perhaps black titanium and hardware. We will see.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

you're welcome ... the battle blue and the working finish hardware made a great combination ... hope you can get one soon ...

the new Swear Point grind is pretty nice too.

you're welcome ... the battle blue and the working finish hardware made a great combination ... hope you can get one soon ...

the new Swear Point grind is pretty nice too.

I grabbed the Battle Blue handle, working blade and black G10. Looks like 3PM Thursday. Love the photos :)

Congrats ... post sme pictures after you get it ... I think you'll really like it.

That's the same knife I started with ... then added the textured Ti scale and working finish hatdware.

Last edited:
Congrats ... post sme pictures after you get it ... I think you'll really like it.

That's the same knife I started with ... then added the textured Ti scale and working finish hatdware.

That was the idea . Is that Ti scale machined out for weight loss like recent Gens. I was curious of over all weight vs stock.

If you can give an answer. I'd rather have smooth -CF show side.

Last edited:
Yes the Ti scale I have put on that one with the battle blue and working finish is cut out to make it lightweight ...

the smooth Ti on the other anodized blue is not hollowed out and is slightly heavier but it isn't really noticable unless you hold them at the same time ... but the smooth Ti is a bit heavier.

I would guess the Textured Ti scale doesn't weigh much more than the original G10 scale. I would have to dig out a scale to tell you the exact weights ... but it is not noticable to me from the G10.

Yes the Ti scale I have put on that one with the battle blue and working finish is cut out to make it lightweight ...

the smooth Ti on the other anodized blue is not hollowed out and is slightly heavier but it isn't really noticable unless you hold them at the same time ... but the smooth Ti is a bit heavier.

I would guess the Textured Ti scale doesn't weigh much more than the original G10 scale. I would have to dig out a scale to tell you the exact weights ... but it is not noticable to me from the G10.

Well stated . I will build my model around the Smooth -CF scale and decide on hardware from there then.

Well stated . I will build my model around the Smooth -CF scale and decide on hardware from there then.

I'll be curious to see what you think of the CF scales ... I saw them but I'm a bit rough of CF so if I can go another route I usually avoid CF ... even though they look nice.

Got mine in today. Straight out of the box, this thing is one of the best flipping Hinderers I've ever had!

ArWfI5C.jpg

mVlaiLi.jpg

LTv17jz.jpg

I'm debating whether to throw on the blacked out hardware or the sandblasted ones?
Damn, that's nice

I'll be curious to see what you think of the CF scales ... I saw them but I'm a bit rough of CF so if I can go another route I usually avoid CF ... even though they look nice.

Sounds like a good experiment. I know my -CF . However, I want to see the G10 in hand first on Thursday .

These are both slicers,
The Trans Green gen 4 is 97 gram with g10 , with the Ti scale it weighed 109 gram .
the red is a gen 6 DLT it weighs 94 gram with the G 10 , 3 gram for the machining to fit the bearings and no choil?
39IcIg2.jpg

These are both slicers,
The Trans Green gen 4 is 97 gram with g10 , with the Ti scale it weighed 109 gram .
the red is a gen 6 DLT it weighs 94 gram with the G 10 , 3 gram for the machining to fit the bearings and no choil?
39IcIg2.jpg

So , basically. Pick your flavor . Weight is negligible. :)

These are both slicers,
39IcIg2.jpg

Is that TI scale milled out for weight removal?

No it is smooth , if I had my choice it would be carbon fiber frag.
My hands kill the ano on anodized ti, otherwise it would be on the knife still.

I posted these in the Hinderer thread, but this knife belongs here too.
e78jJ1i.jpg

sAJ1JSC.jpg

vPcdHRo.jpg

s5QSVV0.jpg

I still like the look of that sand blasted hardware ... it looks every bit as good if not better than the working finish set.

And the battle bronze keeps tugging at me to get one ... I'm trying to hold out and see if they offer some of the battle bronze and green on the Gen 6 Sheepsfoot ...

I picked one up and love the knife but it's stonewashed ..

then someone saw the purple one and now wants a Hinderer lol.

How are you liking the swear point blade so far? I think it and the sheepsfoot might be my favorites.

Back