New DLT Exclusive Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Spearpoint with a Swedge

Well my membership just expired so I can't post a pic. But I have a super sweet non- flipper swear point now :).

HOLY SHEET MAN!! This thing is SWEEEEET! Surprised how slicey this blade stock actually looks and Gen 6 bearings oh my god!!!!
View attachment 1051286 View attachment 1051287

Whoa, that thing is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a sucker for DLC with orange scales. Does anyone know production numbers on these and how long they might be around? Sorry I'm a newbie to Hinderers but would like to pick one up in the next month or two after I recover from Christmas.

Whoa, that thing is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a sucker for DLC with orange scales. Does anyone know production numbers on these and how long they might be around? Sorry I'm a newbie to Hinderers but would like to pick one up in the next month or two after I recover from Christmas.

I'm not sure the numbers but it seems DLT got a good amount when they came out ... you could contact DLT Trading and ask them ...

I think DLT may have a layaway plan ... I'm not positive of all the terms ... but if I remember correctly they offer a 90 day layaway on knives that cost over $300.00 ... but you might check into that with them also.

So I checked before I just ordered mine earlier today. If you keep adding one to your cart until it tells you they don't have enough it stops at 5 basically. There were 6 left before I ordered and then I checked it after and there were 5, so I am pretty confident that is accurate. Hence why I ordered now and not a few months from now like I was planning.

It is maybe one of the best iterations of the XM18 ever...? If you can swing it I definitely wouldn’t wait. The stonewash DLC Blade is the most beautiful DLC I have ever seen. I smile every time I flip it open! I got some black hardware headed my way for it :)

If memory serves me the exclusives are run at a minimum of 225 and up to what the dealer wants beyond that. I don't know if they keep track on a per SKU basis though. It's a sweet blade for sure. With so many to choose from, it's hard to say what I like best.

This steel seems to be a touch harder than the Spanto M390 I had. The sharpening stones are telling me this.

I couldn't be more pleased with the blade profile.

I can't believe it but I have this thing just about drop shut smooth on Teflon. Very pleased after putting it through some use today.

Got mine in the mail a day early! It definitely looks great but I have a few small complaints. I would be curious to see if anyone else had experienced these things. Within 10 minutes of flipping it open and closed, the screws that hold the body of the knife together all came loose (the 3 that go through the standoffs). I grabbed my brand new wiha torx set (2 weeks old so should be good) and attempted to tighten them, which I could but it didn't seem to fit well. It didn't go all the way into the head of the screw so I couldn't really make it that tight. Also there is a small gap visible between the g10 scale and the titanium on the part closest to the tip when closed.. Attempting to tighten the screw nearest seems to have made the gap smaller but its still barely there and I feel like it shouldn't be on a knife this expensive. Also I feel like my detent is pretty strong. Hopefully this will loosen up a bit because it is somewhat painful to deploy the blade repeatedly. Anyways here are some pics.

2M1CXKW.jpg

42SR5ZV.jpg

83YlKxx.jpg

bSZkOYV.jpg

Got mine in the mail a day early! It definitely looks great but I have a few small complaints. I would be curious to see if anyone else had experienced these things. Within 10 minutes of flipping it open and closed, the screws that hold the body of the knife together all came loose (the 3 that go through the standoffs). I grabbed my brand new wiha torx set (2 weeks old so should be good) and attempted to tighten them, which I could but it didn't seem to fit well. It didn't go all the way into the head of the screw so I couldn't really make it that tight. Also there is a small gap visible between the g10 scale and the titanium on the part closest to the tip when closed.. Attempting to tighten the screw nearest seems to have made the gap smaller but its still barely there and I feel like it shouldn't be on a knife this expensive. Also I feel like my detent is pretty strong. Hopefully this will loosen up a bit because it is somewhat painful to deploy the blade repeatedly. Anyways here are some pics.

2M1CXKW.jpg

42SR5ZV.jpg

83YlKxx.jpg

bSZkOYV.jpg
Most Hinderers use Allen wrenches (hex) not torx so that's probably part of the problem :)

2M1CXKW.jpg

42SR5ZV.jpg

83YlKxx.jpg

bSZkOYV.jpg

Those are hex screws, not torx.

Oh now I feel stupid haha... ok I'll try allen wrench, no wonder it didn't fit well. Good thing I didn't crank on it.

It seems to be slightly easier to flip open after tightening those screws properly, but that could be in my head. I'll evaluate later when my finger recovers lol.

Last edited:
yeah those should be 5/64 hex on the 3.5" ... although my Gen 6 sheepsfoot came with 1/16 hex instead ...

but the lockbar stabalizer is a 1/16 hex anyway so pays to have a couple around. I have 3 Gen 6s now 2 of the DLT exclusive dentent has been great on all of them ... they are by far the best flipping Hinders I've handled.

yeah those should be 5/64 hex on the 3.5" ... although my Gen 6 sheepsfoot came with 1/16 hex instead ...

but the lockbar stabalizer is a 1/16 hex anyway so pays to have a couple around. I have 3 Gen 6s now 2 of the DLT exclusive dentent has been great on all of them ... they are by far the best flipping Hinders I've handled.

Careful with Gen 6 sheepsfoot, I thought it was 1/16 hex first but lucky figured it was Torx T6 same as the Eklipse.

my sheepsfoot is a 1/16 hex the T6 is too snug to fit ... I was surprised it was different at all so I got my loupe out and checked fit and it is a 1/16th hex ...

I emailed Hinderer asking about it but as of yet have not received any reply.

But I switched out the hardware now so it matches my other Hinderers at 5/64 hex.

Last edited:
my sheepsfoot is a 1/16 hex the T6 isn't a snug fit ... I was surprised it was different at all so I got my loupe out and checked fit and it is a 1/16th hex ...

I emailed Hinderer asking about it but as of yet have not received any reply.

But I switched out the hardware now so it matches my other Hinderers at 5/64 hex.

Thought the reason why RHK used the Eklipse hardware on the sheepsfoot is to accommodate the higher blade profile. Did the blade clear the standoffs when closed?
Sound like it does since you don't seem to have an issue with it.
I was planning to get Ano Ti hardware for the Sheepsfoot but not many Eklipse hardware around in the used marketplace, now if the regular XM-18 3.5 fits, then there's a lot more options. Will check to make sure.

I didn't buy the hardware kit I had a set (of scews) made for it ... the regular hardware kit is different as you said ... because I noticed when taken apart it had the two screws not the threaded barrel ... but I didn't know that was the Eklipse hardware ... that explains why they are different then.

But I didn't like the tiny hex screws ... I was afraid they would strip easy ... my brother had a set made where he works that fit but are bigger hex headed screw ... but they are like the Eklipse hardware ... (I just looked at those to see what they were) ....with double screws not the threaded barrel receiver like the regular 3.5" hardware.

Glad you posted that ... now I can get colored hardware for it if I decide too ... I thought I'd try anodizing myself after they machined a set for it.

Last edited:
Back