New Doug Ritter folder

Now it’s showing as a pre order ...
Was ready to pull the trigger and had it in my cart until I saw that .

Showed that from the start.
They must be making them in batches.
Yea didn’t notice last night when I was undecided lol . Then today went to buy and noticed unfortunately:(
Would be nice to know a time frame but none listed and not going to pay full price down and wait months possibly but that’s just me .

Waited 3 months for mine...
Was it worth the wait ?
Edit: Looks like a really well made knife and I like the grind/blade steal and the contoured handle . Looks like it’ll carry well and feel good in hand .

Yes. Smooth and well made.
A little bit beefier blade than the 552
Textured G10 scales, only $13 more than a 552.

Last edited:
Ordered mine 10/4. Have not been charged any amount. Were others charged before receiving shipping confirmation? If not, then order now, pay when it ships?

Ok you guys are now leaving me no option but to order one lol . Charging when shipped is more then fair :thumbsup:
I’ve bought many knives from Knifeworks mainly exclusives but never pre ordered.

Last edited:
No plans for a mini at this time. Paraphrasing Mr. Ritters comment from another thread; he will wait and see.

Is there any plans for the small version?

Nope, this has been asked a couple of times now. The long and short is that Mr Ritter wants to wait to see how well these sell. If they sell well then he may consider producing a smaller version. But as of now he only plans on having these produced.

Ok you guys are now leaving me no option but to order one lol . Charging when shipped is more then fair :thumbsup:
I’ve bought many knives from Knifeworks mainly exclusives but never pre ordered.

If you need any more encouragement, I ordered mine 10/3...charged on 11/3...received a tracking number on 11/5. :)

If you need any more encouragement, I ordered mine 10/3...charged on 11/3...received a tracking number on 11/5. :)
That’s a pretty quick turn around :thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement “I think “
LOL

For those who already received the knife:
  • Is it numbered or not-numbered?
Curious if only the numbered versions shipped out, or both numbered and non numbered shipped out as well.

I know it's slightly off-topic but these kinds of positive reviews make me wonder how heavily Hogue is going to lean into the "Able" lock.

Hopefully they’ll slap it on some original designs or a version of the Axis. Their other knife that uses it is that ugly HK knife.

I have owned several Hogues and their ability to build a very high quality knife is not at all a question to me. That said I thought their HK lineup was ugly and I would like to see them team up with a designer other than Eleshwitze who’s hogue designs I have not loved.

Back