New Doug Ritter folder

When did they tell you this? Does the 297 units represent the first batch or is this one they just got in during the past week?
It was the day before Thanksgiving when we had this conversation, so seeing how some people already received their's I wouldn't say it's the very first batch. Possibly the second.

So we're on the second batch going on the third?

FYI: I ordered on 10/03 & nothing yet.

P.S. Is it me that every time I type "FYI", in my head it sounds soooo "bitchy"?

When I called, I was told they were still sending out their serialized version. I ordered 10/4 and the woman told me that my order would likely be fulfilled in their next shipment set

FYI: I ordered on 10/03 & nothing yet.
This thread's activity seems to have prompted a number of orders on the third. I think I saw that some had received knives, which would suggest that they exhausted that supply. As one of the waiters, I understand the frustration... this order, for me, was definitely a spur of the moment thing; and I've definitely felt the urge to cancel.

This thread's activity seems to have prompted a number of orders on the third. I think I saw that some had received knives, which would suggest that they exhausted that supply. As one of the waiters, I understand the frustration... this order, for me, was definitely a spur of the moment thing; and I've definitely felt the urge to cancel.
I emailed them on Nov 7th asking if they had an estimated time frame for fulfilling the preorders. This is what they told me...

"We did receive a shipment Monday. We had over 350 pre-orders waiting to be processed. We were only able to fill 70 of those orders. We do not have an exact date of when we may receive more. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused"

It seems like the 70 mentioned in their response, plus the 297 mentioned yesterday would have filled most of the existing orders at the time. Who knows? I think the main takeaway is that these are trickling in very slowly from Hogue. I actually sent Hogue an email last week and they basically blew me off and just said to follow up with Knifeworks. Hence, I think we are just in a waiting game until Hogue eventually puts enough of them together.

Last edited:
Having waited for a restock on another KW Ritter exclusive, this is not a surprise.
The only problem is that I'm fully back in "I don't need another knife" mode. That's convenient because I basically forget about it until I see this thread bumped...but, when that happens, I can't help but acknowledge that I don't have any burning desire to have it; and, accordingly, I'm likely to be ambivalent (at best) about it when it gets here. Typing that made the next step pretty obvious...so I just sent an email requesting cancellation of my order. If/when I find myself wanting a new knife; I can always revisit this option.

I’d bet my last glass of Van Pappy Bourbon that every BladeForums Member tells themselves the very same thing as they browse what’s available under “For Sale By Individuals” every morning, afternoon and evening before they go to bed. We’re ALL hooked. :(
I recently purchased a couple of folders - the first in just over a year. I liked the first one, and got rid of the others. The order for the RSK was in the same flurry. I'm not saying I'll never buy another knife... but I am saying that I don't need, or even want, any more folders at this point in time. (I also don't generally browse the exchange - I browse New Posts)

*correction - one folder that I purchased for a friend came back to me. I posted it briefly; but withdrew... so that one still has to go.

**Apologies. This was off topic. I'll bring it back by saying that I'm looking forward to reading people's opinions of the MK1-G2. My cancellation will move somebody up in line.

I just canceled my 2 ordered on 10.3, was sorry to do it but it’s just too long...

C61B55F5-35C2-404D-BAFD-DA89ACCE8913.jpeg

Hogue has the manufacturing capacity, but they likely use the machines to make their other products. I imagine they do small batches and switch production over frequently to avoid excess inventory.

Well done video explains Hogue’s small batch manufacturing as BF Member Jhansenak47 pointed out earlier in this thread.

Be patient, it’s worth the wait.

Mine just shipped today, ordered on 10/3

That means Hogue is getting better.

I pre-orded 8/16 and received it mid-November (approximately 12 weeks). Yours will be received within 10 weeks from order. It’s worth the wait.

Back