New ESEE DPx H•E•S•T Folder

I like the skull. Half of my family is extremely religious and they gripe when I wear my ESEE shirts to their home as they see skull imagery as satanic.

Just remind them that the place where Jesus was crucified was Golgotha, which means "the skull".

:)

Argh!

This and the 550 from ZT is making it extremely hard to decide where my funds should go.

I was considering getting one of those XM-18's but I want this knife instead. This is an awesome looking folder.

I like the skull. Half of my family is extremely religious and they gripe when I wear my ESEE shirts to their home as they see skull imagery as satanic.:rolleyes: I just make sure to always wear an ESEE shirt when around them.:D

I like your style :D
My Venom shirt is my favorite around those kind of people :D

If I read that right, is this knife really going to be a titanium handle framelock knife, with a D2 blade, for the street price of under 200 bucks? Is that right? Wow.

If so, where can i fill a pre-order?

If I read that right, is this knife really going to be a titanium handle framelock knife, with a D2 blade, for the street price of under 200 bucks? Is that right? Wow.

Have a look at RYP's thread on the HEST F you'll find a list of dealers there :thumbup:

We are & others are as well.

Just got on the list for two right handers. I could wait for an Izula folder, a Busse folder, or a BRK Bravo folder, but now I don't really see the point. Two of these and I'm good.

Why two?

I tend to buy doubles for anything I plan to share with my nephew, who is as big of a knife freak as me but doesn't have the two decades of experience or the buying power. So I have to keep him up to speed...

BTW I can't wait to hear the weight spec. I'm sure it won't be too bad but I'm used to carrying slippies, so this will require a bit of an adjustment.

Argh!

This and the 550 from ZT is making it extremely hard to decide where my funds should go.

Hey. ZT makes good stuff. But a HEST folder? Designed by one of the world's craziest adventurers? For under $200?

Skip the ZT. If you change your mind I will personally buy your HEST folder from you at your cost... :D

That is the coolest looking folder I have ever seen, and not because it is ESEE either. Well done:thumbup:

I like the hex bit socket, I wish the fixed blade HEST had that on one of the holes near the end of the handle!

"Dunno if i`m liking how it comes out under the pocket clip though"

Nope not a lanyard hole, but a hex driver. The lanyard will be a ring through the glass breaker at the very end of the knife.
Here it is!! ;)
I'm gonna make a guess that it's 1/4" so it could be used for 1/4" hex-shaft screw drivers. Don't know for sure though.
Thought I saw somewhere that it said it was a 1/4" but I can't find that.

Here it is!! ;)
I'm gonna make a guess that it's 1/4" so it could be used for 1/4" hex-shaft screw drivers. Don't know for sure though.
Thought I saw somewhere that it said it was a 1/4" but I can't find that.

Stjones, with the assist. Thank you sir that quote settles it for me.

would you have to grind the glass breaker off if you didn't want it on the knife. It's seems really long and sharp and with that you can't rest your thumb on the bottom for a reverse grip. Love everything else about the knife.

Reverse grip to me says mostly fighting grip...sooo keep your thumb off and viola: that end of the knife can do damage too as an impact weapon.

I like the skull. Half of my family is extremely religious and they gripe when I wear my ESEE shirts to their home as they see skull imagery as satanic.:rolleyes: I just make sure to always wear an ESEE shirt when around them.:D

Just remind them that the place where Jesus was crucified was Golgotha, which means "the skull".

:)

Or that historically the skull was considered a universal symbol of mortality (google the phrase "memento mori") It was commonly featured on Christian gravestones in centuries past. I saw dozens of them at an old Cemetery on Cape Cod a few years ago. If it has any Satanic significance then they stole it. Tell them you're leading the charge to take it back. :p

Blowing people's minds is often more fun then simply annoying them.

Argh!

You will just have to get both. I have been wanting a 550 as well, so that's is probably what I will do.

Back