New for 2015

I guess BD1 is going to replace AUS-8 then. I wasn't sure, but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Ah, well. Perhaps the Carpenter steel will turn out to be a good analog. I'll have to try it and see how it compares.

I've used it extensively in my Spyderco Manix 2 Ltwt. It's a great steel, IMO.

me0ckp.jpg

Gimme that Tiger!

I do like the look of the Karambit and I'm sure I'll be buying the serrated version when it comes out. However I'm disappointed by the other "new" releases I've seen because they're just the same knives from the past, some of which I already have, but in a more expensive steel. I'm sorry Cold Steel has drunk the kool-aid about so called better steels which make absolutely no practical difference to the buyer but obviously kicks up the price.

Don't be too disappointed yet, the Rajah 3 in BD1 only saw a $15 jump in MSRP. Costs are going to go up more on the XHP models, but it looks like the BD1 knives shouldn't see a huge price increase.

Some nice looking new offerings, guys. I will echo what another poster said, I'll be picking up my first CS sometime this year.

Oh man, I'm pumped about this year. I've been wanting a folding karambit from CS for ages, and I also wanted them to bring back the Black Talon...this year I get both! Also interested in picking up the new improved Rajah 2 and Spartan...maybe a Recon...

There are a lot more exciting things on the horizon. We'll be continuing to update the site throughout the week.
We've been planning a lot of surprises for a few years now. 2015 is going to be fun :)

I've used it extensively in my Spyderco Manix 2 Ltwt. It's a great steel, IMO.

I liked it a lot in the Manix and honestly never understood the bad rap it got on the forums. There is not a difference between 154, bd1, and vg10 IMO

There are a lot more exciting things on the horizon. We'll be continuing to update the site throughout the week.
We've been planning a lot of surprises for a few years now. 2015 is going to be fun :)

Good job with the new designs and blade upgrades.

Yesterday I was disappointed when I saw old models in a new more expensive steel [yawn] but today I'm much happier as a result of seeing the Black Talon 2. Along with the karambit that makes 2 knives I'm going to find it hard to resist.

I liked it a lot in the Manix and honestly never understood the bad rap it got on the forums. There is not a difference between 154, bd1, and vg10 IMO

I tend to agree with you on this. I've found it performs very favorably next to these other steels.

Back