New for 2019

The Immortal would be better as an XL. In it's current size it's just silly. I'm surprised it wasn't discontinued. Maybe I'm in the minority.

Seems to me that the trend at CS is away from the 5+" folders . Many of my old favorites have been disco'd and I don't see many new ones . :confused:

I assume this reflects what CS sees in reduced sales numbers / profits and customer demand for the biggies ? :(

Seems to me that the trend at CS is away from the 5+" folders . Many of my old favorites have been disco'd and I don't see many new ones . :confused:

I assume this reflects what CS sees in reduced sales numbers / profits and customer demand for the biggies ? :(

I would love to see sale figures for the various sizes/styles. I have always felt like Lynn made all the multitude of different things because he liked designing/making them and hoped they sold. I am wondering if the bean counters might be reining him in a little bit. My favorite folders are mostly XL's but I am thinking they might not be that good a seller compared to the "standard" sizes. Glad I got my Espada Aluminum Bolster XL and other XL's now.

Large Luzon
Frenzy
Counter Point XL
Ti-Lite
Rajah II
XL Espadas
XL Voyagers

Looks like plenty of great XL folders to me.

I think he's talking about NEW mega folders. The Rajah, Espadas, XL Voyagers, Counter Point, and Ti-Lite have been around for awhile. In the past 4-5 years the only actual new 5"+ folders we've gotten are the Frenzy and the Luzon(we have gotten some of the others in new steels, but in terms of actual new models, only 2 in about half a decade).

There are currently two versions of the Hold Out 1 available at the Special Projects Christmas Sale for another 2 days.

I think he's talking about NEW mega folders. The Rajah, Espadas, XL Voyagers, Counter Point, and Ti-Lite have been around for awhile. In the past 4-5 years the only actual new 5"+ folders we've gotten are the Frenzy and the Luzon(we have gotten some of the others in new steels, but in terms of actual new models, only 2 in about half a decade).
Exactly! I think CS is making a mistake by turning away from XL folders. No one needs Cold Steel for 4" or smaller folders. There are dozens if not hundreds of companies churning out weenie folders.

Exactly! I think CS is making a mistake by turning away from XL folders. No one needs Cold Steel for 4" or smaller folders. There are dozens if not hundreds of companies churning out weenie folders.

The funny thing is, I have absolutely no use for the mega folders...I just like them. I have 2 of each model of the Voyager XLs and 2 Talwar XL(plain and serrated for all 3 Voyagers and the Talwar), a Ti-Lite 6", a Counter Point, a Rajah 2, a Hold Out 1, the Luzon...haven't got a Frenzy yet, but it's on the agenda too. That said, in terms of overall expenditure...I've spent a ton more on small folders than I have on the mega folders cause they are, for me, for more useful and convenient. I work indoors, I use my knives to open and breakdown boxes, open packages, cut zip ties...nothing that I need a 5"+ blade with a super lock for. I change my carry frequently, but it's always one of those "weenie foldiers". But like you said, there are plenty of companies making those...and me, I'm not buying those smaller ones from CS. Since Christmas I've spent almost a thousand dollars on Spyderco knives, I've got my eye on a Kershaw or 2 as well, but the only small CS I've picked up in recent memory was a Tuff Lite, which isn't even a newer model, and the smaller Luzon, which at a 4 inch blade, isn't exactly a "small" folder itself. I go to CS for big 4"+ folders, fixed blades, push daggers and other "combat/defensive" oriented small blades(ie, stuff like the Spike series and the Double Agents), not for small stuff.

The funny thing is, I have absolutely no use for the mega folders...I just like them. I have 2 of each model of the Voyager XLs and 2 Talwar XL(plain and serrated for all 3 Voyagers and the Talwar), a Ti-Lite 6", a Counter Point, a Rajah 2, a Hold Out 1, the Luzon...haven't got a Frenzy yet, but it's on the agenda too. That said, in terms of overall expenditure...I've spent a ton more on small folders than I have on the mega folders cause they are, for me, for more useful and convenient. I work indoors, I use my knives to open and breakdown boxes, open packages, cut zip ties...nothing that I need a 5"+ blade with a super lock for. I change my carry frequently, but it's always one of those "weenie foldiers". But like you said, there are plenty of companies making those...and me, I'm not buying those smaller ones from CS. Since Christmas I've spent almost a thousand dollars on Spyderco knives, I've got my eye on a Kershaw or 2 as well, but the only small CS I've picked up in recent memory was a Tuff Lite, which isn't even a newer model, and the smaller Luzon, which at a 4 inch blade, isn't exactly a "small" folder itself. I go to CS for big 4"+ folders, fixed blades, push daggers and other "combat/defensive" oriented small blades(ie, stuff like the Spike series and the Double Agents), not for small stuff.
:) I actually do carry a variety of CS huge folders , but mostly on my own land . But , I also have a ton of swords , machetes , throwing stars etc that are basically just toys . Short of the apocalypse , I'm not going to "EDC" any of that stuff , even at home ! :p

Valentines Day

HIS & HERS VALENTINES SALE!
BUY TWO DISCOUNTED KNIVES,
GET TWO FGX RING DAGGERS!

Knives included in this sale:
Survival Edge, Tuff Lite, Finn Wolf, Grik, Khan.
Part #'s: 20NPJ, 20NPH, 20NPF, 20NPG, 20NPJ, 20LTR, 20LTG,
20LTF, 20LTB, 20LTS, 20LT, 80PH, 80PHB, 54T, 28E
Expires: End of day 2/14/19.

There are currently two versions of the Hold Out 1 available at the Special Projects Christmas Sale for another 2 days.
I just ordered the HO I with the od green scales.
This is my first XL Hold Out but I have carried the other 2 sizes for a few years.

I am wondering if they will do an XL Voyager with a Bowie blade in XHP and the od green cause they already did the tanto and vaquero blades the past 2 years.

I am wondering if they will do an XL Voyager with a Bowie blade in XHP and the od green cause they already did the tanto and vaquero blades the past 2 years.

It's been a couple years since they did the Vaquero. The catalog was just released so it doesn't look like we're getting the bowie in XHP.

I wonder who would buy these at full MSRP on their site when they'll be available from retailers in only a few days.
Same types that literally camp out at the store waiting for the first new Apple , Xbox or Playstation gizmo ! :rolleyes:

Back