New for 2019

Wow! Page 45 shows the Recon Scout without the black finish. It looks awesome but in the product description for New 2019 Lineup it is described as A-2 Steel with Black Tuff-Ex (Image Coming Soon). Maybe a misprint but I hope the new catalog photo is correct!!!!!!!

Wow! Page 45 shows the Recon Scout without the black finish. It looks awesome but in the product description for New 2019 Lineup it is described as A-2 Steel with Black Tuff-Ex (Image Coming Soon). Maybe a misprint but I hope the new catalog photo is correct!!!!!!!

On page 2 under Notable Changes it says Recon Scout New Polished Finish, so thinking it's gonna be nekked...or maybe they'll offer both

I want a pair of the new C-Clips (page 37) for my drop forged boot knife sheath. These were designed by BF's own Mike Sastre.

The catalog says the small size fits the drop forged push knife, and the large size fits the other drop series sheaths.

I'm confused because the boot knife has a similar sheath to the push knife with similar small holes.

Does anyone know which C-Clip size is correct for the DF boot knife?

I wonder if the C-Clip will fit the Kobun, I didnt see it on the list in the catalog. Also, maybe its just the pictures but it looks like they changed the finish on the hawks. That would be sweet seeing as the first thing I do with every CS hawk is strip that paint off the blade.

I wonder if the C-Clip will fit the Kobun, I didnt see it on the list in the catalog.
I'm almost certain the large C-Clip fits the kobun. The new kobuns need it because I think their metal clip is lousy for drawing.

I'm almost certain the large C-Clip fits the kobun. The new kobuns need it because I think their metal clip is lousy for drawing.

Indeed it is! I gave an old style Kobun away as a gift to a friend which had a Spyderco g-clip on it that fit decent enough. Now I need another one but that stock Kobun clip wont do for my style of carry.

All the knives ive seen at shotshow 2019 are horrible; the only offerings I see is 4 from Cold Steel; AD10 - AD15 A2 Recon scout and that Griv ex bali Looks like Cold Steel really went ahead of the pack this year.....

Great to see the AD10 and 15 come out, but is it really too much to ask to get some accurate specs?

All the knives ive seen at shotshow 2019 are horrible; the only offerings I see is 4 from Cold Steel; AD10 - AD15 A2 Recon scout and that Griv ex bali Looks like Cold Steel really went ahead of the pack this year.....

Condor had a fantastic showing. They are far and away the best from Shot Show IMO.

Wonder when the Wild West Bowie will hit shelves.Also haven't seen any Cold Steel -Shot show 2019 videos online

Last edited:
Reactions: WTF
Yes sir! I'm really looking forward to the release of the new Recon Scout in A-2 with its satin finish. Also liking the dark grey Drop Forged knives. One knife that seems to elude me year after year is the next knife in the Warcraft series, which I hope will be a Bowie.

I'm interested in a couple. Certainly cool to see Demko doing some of his custom designs.

I see that CS ignored my suggestion to bring out an XL version of the Immortal. An Immortal the size of the large Luzon would be one of the coolest folders on the planet and actually offer some of the capability of a gladius. On another note it looks like CS has ended their relationship with Steven Seagal very probably the most despicable individual in the movie business.

Back