New GEC #14 Boys Knife

I really like the way the Boys Knives turned out. I am torn if I want to add a 2blade OD Micarta or Ebony. I think I like these better than the Barlow stylings. I am wondering if any of the guys lucky enough to get a TC are feeling the same way.
We heard all along how little quantity there were of the #14 TC's yet there seems to be a never-ending stream of them in the exchange.
That's a hard choice because I really like my Black Cherry TC but im also in love with my 2 14 boys knives lol .

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^^
0e173beb006588d7eb289be9e935e926.jpg
7e00b89864ee69e8af72d54d82b25d13.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thought I'd size my 14 against the height of dollar bill as it was designed. GEC nailed it.

clXFEkmh.jpg

FJG6zG1h.jpg

Just curious, has anyone put an easy open notch in one of the #14's yet? I look through a few pages of this thread but I didn't see any mention of one.

Just curious, has anyone put an easy open notch in one of the #14's yet? I look through a few pages of this thread but I didn't see any mention of one.

I asked that ( page 19 #371 ) and got the reply that the swedge grind would make an easy open notch not useful.

Not to be a pain, but l was wondering if someone could post comparison shots of the thickness of the 14 compared with a Peanut? Single blade and/or double blade. I can't really grasp how thick this knife is. In some pictures they look chunky, and in some pictures they look svelte and thin.

Not to be a pain, but l was wondering if someone could post comparison shots of the thickness of the 14 compared with a Peanut? Single blade and/or double blade. I can't really grasp how thick this knife is. In some pictures they look chunky, and in some pictures they look svelte and thin.

The single blade #14 is slimmer, except at the very butt where it widens. Don't have a double blade to compare.

4yWZfSjl.jpg

Andrew

Thank you much, Andrew! Svelte, indeed. August needs to get her more quickly so that I can ruin my monthly budget again. :D

Edit: Welp, I lasted 23 days into July (and like, 8 minutes after I first made this post) before caving. Got a 14 Ebony single blade on the way thanks to Traumkommode.

Last edited:
Thank you much, Andrew! Svelte, indeed. August needs to get her more quickly so that I can ruin my monthly budget again. :D

Edit: Welp, I lasted 23 days into July (and like, 8 minutes after I first made this post) before caving. Got a 14 Ebony single blade on the way thanks to Traumkommode.

Congrats. These are nice little knives and that's a pretty one in Gabon ebony.

Andrew

Well... the Oily Creek 14s are finally up.

My two blade is already ordered. I am looking forward to these handles (I really liked them on the 18, I just wanted a slightly larger 'small' knife & this should hit the spot).

Photo shamelessly lifted from the dealer's site:
oily%20creek%2014.22.jpg

Where is the 2blade antique yellow with the lick creek etch available at that was shown on GECs website? I see pictures of them a few places with no etch.

Just received my single blade oily creek. It's a nice knife, but a bit small for my preference. I also was a bit surprised to see the branding on the blade, since the production photos didn't have it on the singles. These 14s definitely seem like a great small knife option though.
246844079ac3ad9672a008d346b9b574.jpg

Last edited:
Back