NEW MEMBER THREAD! If you're new to the forum post it here.

Hello! Welcome to the board. Nice to meet you.

Love my Chaparral, smoothest backlock I own besides the old school semi custom Spydie Kopa!

The Bugout is okay, but what are you looking for mainly from the new knife? Do you have a roll to fill or do you just like that one?
Would totally recommend a Native 5, lots of good steels and stout backlock. Just a notch thicker than the MBG but has a swedge for thinness. Dragonfly, Microjimbo perhaps?

Pleasure Sir! Appreciate the warm welcome and your time.

Yeah, I love that little Chap, hands down my favorite of the three.

As for the Bugout, I'm so spoiled to carrying the Chaparral that I'm finding the CLA to be just a hair large, a tick thick and beefier than I need in my work environment. It's cumfy in my pocket but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm driving a fifteen passenger van and I'm the only occupant. CLA is an excellent choice for me when I'm not on office duty. So I suppose the roll and objective for knife number two would be low-key, light, thin profile, a ninja style box slicer.

A smart man would find and handle these before taking the leap, unfortuanatly, a lazy man didn't lol. Luckily, this CLA fills a supporting roll or It would get re-stocked.

I'll take a good hard look at your suggestions here and any others that you feel would be a fit.

I'm from Belton. The only thing keeping me in this cess hole of a pit privy is Killeen being the cheapest place to live in Bell County.

This whole town is one big ghetto. Full of vibrant individuals that enrich life to the degree. The soul welcomes a fire ball from the sky.

Fort Hood is the best. It's even got a drag name but I can't and don't want to spell it. It goes something like Fort Box Stuffer.

Anyway. Welcome to the blade forums.

North Mexico?
Think of how we got Texas, took 8 states of Mexico. That is all lest I derail.
Pleasure Sir! Appreciate the warm welcome and your time.

Yeah, I love that little Chap, hands down my favorite of the three.

As for the Bugout, I'm so spoiled to carrying the Chaparral that I'm finding the CLA to be just a hair large, a tick thick and beefier than I need in my work environment. It's cumfy in my pocket but I just can't shake the feeling that I'm driving a fifteen passenger van and I'm the only occupant. CLA is an excellent choice for me when I'm not on office duty. So I suppose the roll and objective for knife number two would be low-key, light, thin profile, a ninja style box slicer.

A smart man would find and handle these before taking the leap, unfortuanatly, a lazy man didn't lol. Luckily, this CLA fills a supporting roll or It would get re-stocked.

I'll take a good hard look at your suggestions here and any others that you feel would be a fit.
I am a big fan of wharncliffes, carry a K390 Dragonfly and 31 GEC, a wharnie. Love the cutting power and a nice point. Great in the warehouse. I know it looks strange, but the tiny steel framelocks serrated Spyderco Cricket has got to be my most used work knife, cuts everything I need fast and works even if I've been using for a while because of that reverse S shape, actually designed for work and came out before the Civilian. May look "goofy" to some but I am telling you - it will cut. Very small, too. The shape is there for a reason. There is the bigger Dodo with the same shape but I prefer the thin, sleek Cricket.

I particularly like the Janich wharncliffes (the Microjimbo is new and i said thar cause size similarly to your mini BO, but i often carry a Yo2 in Cruwear and have an M4 Yojumbo on the way, so its very tough, very thin hollow grind with a thick spine. because even though SD was their intended design idea, they are very pointy, like big razor blades, essentially. Smashed a BD1N Ronin (same style, fixed) into a porcelain sink with tip on accident with no damage to speak of. Got to recommend this series.

Thanks for listening to my rant, haha!

Two initialisms you'll need to familiarize yourself with: CRK + CPK

It's where everyone ends up eventually.

Oh, and welcome, of course.

Think of how we got Texas, took 8 states of Mexico. That is all lest I derail.

I am a big fan of wharncliffes, carry a K390 Dragonfly and 31 GEC, a wharnie. Love the cutting power and a nice point. Great in the warehouse. I know it looks strange, but the tiny steel framelocks serrated Spyderco Cricket has got to be my most used work knife, cuts everything I need fast and works even if I've been using for a while because of that reverse S shape, actually designed for work and came out before the Civilian. May look "goofy" to some but I am telling you - it will cut. Very small, too. The shape is there for a reason. There is the bigger Dodo with the same shape but I prefer the thin, sleek Cricket.

I particularly like the Janich wharncliffes (the Microjimbo is new and i said thar cause size similarly to your mini BO, but i often carry a Yo2 in Cruwear and have an M4 Yojumbo on the way, so its very tough, very thin hollow grind with a thick spine. because even though SD was their intended design idea, they are very pointy, like big razor blades, essentially. Smashed a BD1N Ronin (same style, fixed) into a porcelain sink with tip on accident with no damage to speak of. Got to recommend this series.

Thanks for listening to my rant, haha!

That's not a rant, that's valuable feedback/information learned from experience. Thanks for that!

Oh and yeah, that's how the North Mexico joke got started. My wife is from there, so we always argue over whom owns Texas. lol

Late last knight, during a bout of OCD, manic insomniac knife fever, I ordered a Protech Runt with a Magnacut tonto blade. I really wish they had a handle option other than aluminum, but for the price, feel like it will be a good tiptoe into PT.

I'm still on the hunt for the ultimate slim slicer though.

Honestly with my other hobbies being modern high horsepower muscle cars, insane sound qaulity competition mobile audio and guns. I feel like I'm saving when scratching this new knife itch. Atleast at this stage. :)

Two initialisms you'll need to familiarize yourself with: CRK + CPK

It's where everyone ends up eventually.

Oh, and welcome, of course.

Oh man. That Sebenza really makes the chones tingle.

Reactions: TC
Back