New Military Sprint!! CPM Rex 45

When the Rex Millie was listed as Discontinued on KC site, I was glad I had one inbound from BHQ! First pre-order I ever cancelled.

Klutz Klutz i have to see when I preordered mine. I think it was later

I just hope they didnt allow more preorders than the actual number of knives they were going to receive.

Cancel that thing and buy elsewhere, it is in stock in certain places. It’ll be worth it just to know you’re actually getting it.

I got mine from Newgraham today, but it's the first Spyderco I ever bought that had the collector's club numbers on it!
7dzhP9v.jpg

Cool knife but, from what I understand, they made a ton of them, which is fine for those who love the knife. I expect more to come.

Yeah this is actually a good strategy for both the manufacturer and dealers to make the knife available in small batches over an extended period of time rather than make all available at one time.

Yeah this is actually a good strategy for both the manufacturer and dealers to make the knife available in small batches over an extended period of time rather than make all available at one time.

Doubt Spyderco cares, they would sell all 1,200-1,600 (whatever a sprint is) to dealers immediately.

Knifecenter just billed me. I guess my patience was worth it

Knifecenter just billed me. I guess my patience was worth it

admire your patience :thumbsup: I did not preorder for exactly this reason. I also did not have the patience to wait for those major dealers to get their stocks so just went ahead pay $9 more to get one from a not well known dealer. The knife is flawless.

I ordered one from BBS thinking that my KC order would never be filled. Then I ordered a second from KW just to have a second which I almost never do. My KC was billed the same day before I could cancel it. Now I have three! The BBS one is perfect but the other two have totally uneven edges. Normally I would send them back but, there is nothing to replace them with. There is also a sentimental value to the KC order. It was the last order before my spouse passed from her illness. She loved the color and approved of the order. I’ll probably keep all three just as a reminder of her as weird as that seems. Totally hate the edges though. I haven’t seen Spyderco factory edges like these in a while.

Got my Milisaurus Rex yesterday. Its a perfect example of a Military. Also THE SHARPEST Spyderco I have recieved yet. Might have to create an ultimate franken millie

I looked at Crucible’s property sheet for CPM Rex 45. It says that optimum hardness for max toughness and stress relief is anywhere between 63-67.5!!!

Does anyone know what hardness Spyderco is running these jokers at?

I think I have 2 of every sprint military that I own. Except this one. Timing with christmas gifts kept me to only one. After the holidays I may grab a second

Last edited:
Back