New ZT0550!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official. I will not be able to play with anything that isn't sent out today so I will have to wait. *tear*

But when I do get it, I will be playing with a hunk of Kershaw/Hinderer knife goodness while I am sitting around the house and waiting in traffic. I shall oil it and sharpen it. And at the end of my day, I will tuck it under my pillow so that I will dream sweet dreams of stone washing and bead blasting exotic metal alloys in a little shop in Oregon.

I can... but that's another, more disturbing... much much much more disturbing... thread.

I don't doubt it. This is Rick Hinderer we're talking about. He has proven he's not afraid of using a little extra Ti ;)

He may not be... but KAI would be much more concerned.

I just think it will look a little weird with a black painted or satin stainless steel clip.

He may not be... but KAI would be much more concerned.

I just think it will look a little weird with a black painted or satin stainless steel clip.

i hadnt thought about this... meh.

its 250 already, dishing out a little more for a custom titanium clip would suck but id do it if i didnt like whatever it came with.

I agree it would look funny with black or satin on the bead blasted Ti.. but it was already said, most likely it'll be the standard ZT clip. So I'm guessing it's painted black.

I had previously emailed esteemed Blade member:STR about a pair of lowrider Ti clips for ZT/H 0551 & ZT/H 0550.Please check with him before taking this as gospel;I hope I'm stating this correctly:
Unless the hole pattern for the factory clip is wider than previous ZT's,it's a problem....would require an extra hole drilled/tapped.Not enough room for the screws to be tightened under the lowrider clips,IIRC.(width of clip would block screws).
~Gnarly

The holes in the photo "appear" as if they are very similar to the ZT0200 to my eyes.

... Unless the hole pattern for the factory clip is wider than previous ZT's...

The Kershaw Volt carried a Ti clip and the price wasn't much more.
... but KAI would be much more concerned.

I don't doubt it. This is Rick Hinderer we're talking about. He has proven he's not afraid of using a little extra Ti ;)

These still really haven't shipped yet?

So, production is progressing nicely, looks like 500 pieces will be shipping early next week.

The run is for 1000 pieces, but we're building out the 500 now, and the balance will be done up in a few weeks.

I'm out of the office all week, but have not heard that the 0551's are ready today, think it will be a few more days.

It was supposed to be this week wasnt it. Which has come and gone now.

maybe next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back