No more free Deep Carry clips...

Yikes. Between the bad QC, the recent outrage, and now this, I feel bad for the new CEO guy. Is it just deep carry I wonder or all clips? And does Kai ship free clips? This is bad timing for bad press.

Feel bad for the new CEO? Why? These incidents (aside from bad QC issue that predates him) all happened under his guidance... If anything I would blame him, not feel bad for him. I haven't bothered stating my stance on the gun thing and I won't bother here either, but the CEO would have to be truly living in his own little world not to realize that video showing your company destroying guns was gonna upset a lot of folks.

And then to come out and start charging for something that was previously free (well...baked into the price of your knife anyway) during the height of scrutiny is pretty damn ballsy.

Ballsy, ballsy CEO.

*Edited for a spelling error*

Last edited:
Were they standard deep carry clips or were they the mini’s? I know they limited how many mini deep carry clips they’d send out, some times none at all, but I’d be really surprised if they decided to charge you for their standard clips, especially now. It doesn’t add up.

I'm on hold now. The person that answered started to explain it but stopped and said "let me get you to customer service so they can explain."

EDIT TO ADD:

So after being on hold for a bit (had a meeting after I spoke to them so it took me a bit to reply) I spoke to Ryan. He took my order for a clip. I was not charged.

Last edited:
IMHO, all Benchmades should come with deep carry clips pre-installed.

Since that’s not the case, I believe if someone either registers a Benchmade knife or sends it in for service, they should be entitled to a replacement clip free of charge.

But, we all know that the Benchmade candystore has pretty much been wide open, and at some point, it has to come at a loss, especially with Benchmade paying for shipping as well. Yeah, yeah, their knives aren’t cheap. Agreed.

I suppose “it is what it is.”

Back