No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your FinL made it through the night ok.
Best of luck to everyone in the path.looks like a damp weekend for a lot of folks.

Thanks. He came through quite well. The slight jog east put him just outside of the intense wind field. He had a breezy night, but nothing bad. Which unfortunately is more than can be said for lots of folks.

Hope everyone here and there abouts is weathering the times. I gotta get hold of kin folk abroad and such. Feels like the peak of summer fever has broken. Just a long, downhill ride into imitation winter for the southwest.

this morning's storm was perfect timing for me -- I started burning pasture last night at 6.
The seresa Lespodesia I most wanted to kill off was so thick and green despite a month without rain, that I finally gave up at 5 AM and the storm hit around 5:30, so I didn't have to worry about putting it out or having it take off while unattended.
the fire was creeping along burning all the dead grass UNDER the seresa, but left half or more of the invasive weed standing.
my hope is that the bases were burned and it will mostly wilt/die over the next week so I can go in and plant clover and some Brassica as a winter cover crop.

Stay safe you guys!

I dunno what's happening the last couple of months but since turning 30 I twisted both my ankles badly (hospitalized with the first one actually back in Feb) and now the last couple of days my lower back is giving me hell. This game sucks. Where's the godmode cheat? :D

Oh yeah, we got ourselves a shed.
Just finished putting up some boards and hanging my tools. We should have done this way sooner.

vp7nKgw.jpg

VafUia2.jpg

CS0P3by.jpg

this morning's storm was perfect timing for me -- I started burning pasture last night at 6.
The seresa Lespodesia I most wanted to kill off was so thick and green despite a month without rain, that I finally gave up at 5 AM and the storm hit around 5:30, so I didn't have to worry about putting it out or having it take off while unattended.
the fire was creeping along burning all the dead grass UNDER the seresa, but left half or more of the invasive weed standing.
my hope is that the bases were burned and it will mostly wilt/die over the next week so I can go in and plant clover and some Brassica as a winter cover crop.

big Latin words...must Google...

edit: that's a nasty invasive plant. Good luck getting rid of it, or at least under control.

I struck Gold!
Gold Knife Works, that is......

and because it's drizzly/dreary out, I'm not taking any pictures of it.
muahahahahaha!!!

p.s. it's just a loaner, I have to give it back someday.

I struck Gold!
Gold Knife Works, that is......

and because it's drizzly/dreary out, I'm not taking any pictures of it.
muahahahahaha!!!

p.s. it's just a loaner, I have to give it back someday.
Good to know it go there, even if it's a day later than the post office told me, haha.

Made me shake my head realizing that it was Sept. 1st already myself ... as much as this year has been a huge pain it is flying by ... or maybe I'm getting old? My dad always told me time flies faster when you get older ... but then he said he didn't recommend getting old either.

A dreary day here too but it was nice for a change ... and I'm ready for fall!

oh, yeah - nice job on the edge -- shaves arm hair like my triple blade shick, without the clogging.
I didn't touch the edge, that's daizee's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back