Not Too Happy Limited Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with the dyed wood is that they all look the same until we start sanding and buffing after assembly. The dye does not soak in at the same rate along the piece of wood. We do take out the ones that turn out radically different side to side. Each knife ends up with it own unique character. beauty being in the eye of the beholder some like the color variation, some want it perfectly same on both sides. We are actively working on getting this more consistent.
Well the fact that such a different look should have been noted but it wasn't and disappointed many who paid $100 for this Limited Edition....

https://www.facebook.com/Buckknives...484076663608/1552357451476257/?type=3&theater

If you can see the link on the FB Buck site, few if any really looked like this.....

The issue with the dyed wood is that they all look the same until we start sanding and buffing after assembly. The dye does not soak in at the same rate along the piece of wood. We do take out the ones that turn out radically different side to side. Each knife ends up with it own unique character. beauty being in the eye of the beholder some like the color variation, some want it perfectly same on both sides. We are actively working on getting this more consistent.

Gee Jeff, doesn't that make us like Guinea pigs, except not only being used in the experiment but funding it too? Pete

I'm ok with this if I can see the exact knife before I purchase.

SK sells approx 10-15 different Buck knives that's it. C and C sells 27 different makes of knives. Thats why there is a difference in the number of reviews. You pick just what you want to write Looper not the whole story. I'm done listening to you CHEERLEAD!!! See if you can get a Representative to recommend your kid to West Point LOL!! You have the basic eligibility and application process already.

One thing buy some letter stamps for your sheaths. Scratching your name is little league.

Sheath making is a hobby, even made one for CJ Buck. I'm proud of that accomplishment. Not too bad for such a short time doing it.

Last edited:
Gee Jeff, doesn't that make us like Guinea pigs, except not only being used in the experiment but funding it too? Pete

This is a fair assessment of the situation.......because it's not just one line of knives, but a weakness in quality control over the entire operation. We can't expect perfection.

We do have a valid right to expect a little less imperfection.

We are talking about laminated wood right? Engineered stuff, wood and glue. I tried to sand that stuff once, didn't go well. I don't know how they do it.

Maybe the solution is to go back to natural wood (or bone...drool).

Maybe show each knife for sale individually on the website, front and back. Some distributors do this and I think it's a good idea.

Last edited:
Eventually something is going to make it out the door that shouldn't. Buck is no different. IMO, how a company resolves a problem says a lot about them. I would have expected someone to take 2 minutes to look over the replacement limited edition knife and make sure it was perfect before shipping it. I'm sure if you're patient Buck will make this right. That said, I don't blame you for being hesitant to buy LE knives direct from Buck in the future. One error gives the company an opportunity to demonstrate how outstanding their customer service is. Failing to satisfy you the second time is a missed opportunity. And now you're online telling your tale of whoa to thousands of potential customers.

Eventually something is going to make it out the door that shouldn't. Buck is no different. IMO, how a company resolves a problem says a lot about them. I would have expected someone to take 2 minutes to look over the replacement limited edition knife and make sure it was perfect before shipping it. I'm sure if you're patient Buck will make this right. That said, I don't blame you for being hesitant to buy LE knives direct from Buck in the future. One error gives the company an opportunity to demonstrate how outstanding their customer service is. Failing to satisfy you the second time is a missed opportunity. And now you're online telling your tale of whoa to thousands of potential customers.
True...As I said many times this was my first dealing with Buck returning an item and I own hundreds of Bucks.....Lesson learned....I do feel this knife was not marketed honestly as to what the handle should look like.....

I think we can all agree that stuff happens and not every knife made is perfect. As long as it doesn't get out of control I can deal with it, even if I don't want to. I've gotten limited edition knives from C&C and they've been great to deal with. The last one I got was a stag 110 with the black oxide s30v blade, and that had issues that needed to be addressed. I sent it to Buck and it's still there currently, but I'm confident it will be extremely well done when I get it back. Of course I don't want to send a brand new, expensive knife back to the manufacturer but when it gets back it'll feel like it never happened. It was no fault of C&C so I'm not sure why they (and SK) were even brought up...

It is a private school! You're info is hogwash. I have no idea where you get this from. I'm not showing you jack. Check Fork Union military Academy Grades 7-12. Westpoint is post graduate and an officer training school. What a pedantic++.

Besides you have to be represented by a person who is a state legislator ,senator or from the house of representatives to be accepted to West Point. what a________!! YOU FILL IN THE BLANK.
I am quite sure you are just the 14 year old boy, no adult has ever posted under your name, you just like to play with Daddy's knives, but too cheap to ask him for $40 to get a real membership, or maybe they won't let you get one because your a CHILD. Leave us alone you loser........

I am quite sure you are just the 14 year old boy, no adult has ever posted under your name, you just like to play with Daddy's knives, but too cheap to ask him for $40 to get a real membership, or maybe they won't let you get one because your a CHILD. Leave us alone you loser........
I forgot this was supposed to be about Buck knives, so here goes......your Buck collection is rubish and I wouldn't trade my least favorite Buck I own for any Buck you have shown. Again, Go bother other people you little kid

It's going to be a knife match!!

"Guns or knives, Butch?" :D

bcatsk_pdvd_178.jpg

Ya know, you guys........when you are posting something and you see that you're just attacking another forum member and are actually sharing ZERO relevant knife info--WHY DON'T YOU JUST SEND THEM A PRIVATE MESSAGE?????

The rest of us have no need to read your carefully crafted torrents of insults at each other.

I enjoy the humorous "knife fight" comments and pictures, by the way, but the personal stuff about somebody's son in school and "my knife collection is better than yours"......well, that stuff has no redeeming value.

Ya know, you guys........when you are posting something and you see that you're just attacking another forum member and are actually sharing ZERO relevant knife info--WHY DON'T YOU JUST SEND THEM A PRIVATE MESSAGE?????

The rest of us have no need to read your carefully crafted torrents of insults at each other.

I enjoy the humorous "knife fight" comments and pictures, by the way, but the personal stuff about somebody's son in school and "my knife collection is better than yours"......well, that stuff has no redeeming value.
Can't send a private message to someone who won't pay for a membership. I have no problem with people not paying for a membership when they contribute to our community, I do have a problem with the ones that cause problems, but I'm just one of many who will show up less and less the more we see MICHAEL.....

Hey Steely learn how to spell rubish is spelled RUBBISH. YOU SHAVED YOUR HEAD A LITTLE TO CLOSE TO THE BRAIN. You have no idea what my Buck collection consist of. I'm not going anywhere. You Goldenmembers are like brothers and talk nonsense- not all. It really is a point that I don't fork over $40 for a membership, I do very well without one.

Can't send a private message to someone who won't pay for a membership. I have no problem with people not paying for a membership when they contribute to our community, I do have a problem with the ones that cause problems, but I'm just one of many who will show up less and less the more we see MICHAEL.....
Fine with me, I'm tired of seeing the same knives over and over from you. I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited:
If you can't handle your ire by e-mail or PM......why not just confine all the bickering to the Anvil Shed thread?

For that matter.......why not just post a sticky for the high testosterone players to fight with each other??

Call it the Bicker Sticky and they can trash each other there.

The rest of us can go on with life.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back